Little white tadpoles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kenvance

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok so hi everyone. Never used a forum to write on but I need to! I've used this forum loads over the last few weeks as I have taken the plunge into salt! The tank has been cycling for about a month now. 2 blue leg hermits (I know, a bit soon but please don't shoot me) and 10kg live rock. I fell in love with a bit of rock yesterday at local fish shop and today I have noticed some white tiny tadpole like critters on the glass and on a rubber sucker in the tank. The move so fast! Any ideas what they are. Good bad? I'm thinking copepods but not sure.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 268
Pictures not to clear on my phone so I can't tell you for sure but I am almost sure there pods pods are great little creatures no harm and some types of fish love them for food like the green mandarin.

Thank you. They really are just like tiny tadpoles. Thought was just some debris stuck to the glass but on closer inspection there's about 30 of them jumping from one bit of the glass to another but defo not water fleas

Those are more than likely copepods. Pods whether amphipod, isopod, copepod are generally good to have. Food for fish to forage on between feedings as well as helpful little cleaners. They will help eat leftover food and waste in your tank.

Again. Thanks very much. Great to add yet more learning to this very steep curve. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom