white spore release

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

herp_mommy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Something behind my shrooms is releasing a cloud of white spores. I'm not physically with the tank (it's at my mom's house) so I can't lift the rock up and check. I told her to do so, but in the meantime, any guesses? I assume it's a coral. Only coral I've put into the tank are zoas, xenia, GSP, shrooms, leather, snowflake polyps, birdsnest, and monti

Attachments

• IMG_0151.jpg
    IMG_0151.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 107
That's wild looking. Looks like some hardcore chemical warfare going on. I'm not certain as I've never seen anything like that before. Hope you get the answers and I'll be following along.

I've had bristle worms turn a tank cloudy in a matter of seconds by releasing a cloud. I've witnessed it several times. May be what it is.

Looks like some serious chemical warfare. The coral being so close are fighting eachother for land.

I've had bristle worms turn a tank cloudy in a matter of seconds by releasing a cloud. I've witnessed it several times. May be what it is.

I've had bristle worms do that before too years ago. But I actually saw the worms doing it.

Back
Top Bottom