Before and after thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tate

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Wanted to share my 10 gallon freshwater transformation before and after pics maybe you guys have some good remodels too. 1390343246477.jpg1390343259537.jpg finally learned how to take a picture of my tank a year and a half later

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390433543.823379.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390433662.085704.jpg
This is my 10 gal remodel after finding out that goldfish eat plants plus I wanted to switch to a cichlid tank however I think most Malawi cichlids get too large for a 10 gal.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390434146.505036.jpg ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390434170.093961.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390434244.500130.jpg
I've also redone my 25 quite a few times and I'm in the process of trying to save my val crypts and moss (had bad lights and probably insufficient root nutrition, should be fixed now)

Very nice tanks!

Sent from my XT1058 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks! I like the transformation from fake to real in your tank adds a lot in my opinion.

I like it a lot more too I was about to get some live plants but I don't know how to care for them. Do you need special lights or food or anything?

Sent from my XT1058 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well up until last night I had less than half a wpg florescent light on my 25 and it is growing sag, moss (close to the top), java fern narrow leaf and normal, cardinal plant, water wisteria and rotalla rotundofollia growing fine in it. Oh! And anubias! So yeah you can get away with plants with no special lighting or treatment other than maybe root tabs but those are cheap and easy. I'd look into how to plant and or tie down anything you choose though because when I first started I planted some anubias and it died my java fern didn't do so well in it either.

Actually lotus too which surprised me because I had heard it was a moderately difficult plant.

That's how I started and you should be fine as long as you use root tabs which are pretty much as simple as they sound put em in the gravel near the roots.

I have a bubble wand and led fixture because my hood lights burned out. This should be okay right?

I'd keep em closer to the light than farther and also if you can get direct sunlight that helps a lot in super low light in my experience

Really like the black sand and your moss tree thing

Back
Top Bottom