Delapool's 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
f09f50e09babee97e331ccaae1692582.jpg

Sadly lost quite a few fish - pretty much killed me getting inside the house sorted and I think the weather was too hot for them in buckets.

Eventually I’ll shift tank back against wall but thinking of getting some screens to put either side to hide stuff. Also has large window on right side so thinking I can block the sun as well. Lots to do :)

Get a nice background and red plants later. I’ll add driftwood and existing plants today.

One bn catfish, one angelfish, one blockhead and three rams just sitting in tank now. Doing another big water change.

This place was pretty dusty. Had to clean it all before shifting in. Shampoo clean some carpets twice.

Last edited:
I know, the ultimate dream. SW one room, etc, etc

Plants in - bit more action.

Between stretching into tank and laying pavers for air-con, done stuffed a muscle in my back so nothing further. Need some more plants up back right of tank but left room for CO2 and filters.

3bb1a5e6217947c9186105675057ac06.jpg

Thanks! Hope to add CO2 and canister filter this weekend. Also fill tank to top and hope nothing goes wrong... I think the tie-down straps popped nails out slightly on one corner of stand but put them back in and seems solid still.

It will grow back with a vengeance.

:lol: rofl

I remember that one pic when you had it laid out on the floor and it looked like it took up a kitchen table worth of space!!!

As for the stand "Glue it and screw it" the carpenter types say. There is a water resistant wood glue. Seems to be working for our last projects - not sure on if you have it where you live.
Titebond III Ultimate Wood Glue

Yeah, it gets big!! Out competes the java fern as well. Thanks I’ll have a look for the wood glue.

I don’t quite like the tank and eating table layout in the room. Still thinking there. Have to clear a few remaining boxes.

Back
Top Bottom