Delapool's 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bit of bad news - one of the white angelfish is missing food right in front of it and doing the odd cartwheel at feeding time. I’m guessing(?) it smacked itself on the glass and fingers crossed. Eyes look fine but it’s missing pellets a centimetre away.

Unfortunately so, yeah - also suspect so there. It managed to get a wafer last night but looked by luck. I don’t think completely blind though. Pretty odd.

I had Angels fighting at one time and the one beat the other up and injured, him and over time never really recovered due to the stress I think. It messed up an eye from the fighting. But just one eye.

Also once had a Gourami nose dive hard into the substrate and definitely did not recover.

Keep the updates coming on how the Angel gets on.

Yeah, might be that - still about the same. Trying to drop food in front of it. I'll try lights off as it does seem to be able to see a bit but not up close.

Whoop! Well, hopefully another month and will be shifting out of rental and into a permanent place. See if same removalist around to do fish tank lol.

Can add in the proper substrate and start thinking about discus maybe.

Reckon - it would be nice to a decent planted tank again. These potted plants haven't gotten more than several inches high so could take them out of pots.

Better feed them, they are eye-balling me...

Sadly lost that angelfish, water changes just seemed to make things worse.

Picked up some cardboard boxes, have a nasty suspicion shifting the fish tank will be as much work as shifting the rest of the house. Thank goodness the removals people will be doing it. Almost got it sorted for end of Feb. And least this time not as much to pull down.

So you have found a new place? End of next month...

Does that mean after all gets settled you can start new inhabitants planning? Are there any good Discus breeders around your general area?

I think the east coast is better but will scout around. Let the tank settle down and then start looking.

I’ve still got the bag of power sand and other substrate just sitting in bags.

Hopefully we don’t crack the tank shifting!

And that will be it - no more shifting :)

CO2 bottle empty again - seems to last about 6 months it seems. Will see if I can get it refilled today. Over the next few weeks, I’ll start boxing stuff up and breaking down tank for shifting to new place.

That sucks man. It's a total pain in the behind to move tanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally true! It’s pretty cheap market here for tanks but getting it over the lips of doorways last time was nerve-wracking. The tank is a bit unusual as well as it’s 2.5ft high so harder to replace.

On the good side, I can finally set it up to try the powerone sand substrate. And get a betta tank going again. Maybe marine one day.

New CO2 bottle refill in and running! Of cause now one of the tunz reactors got over-loaded and is presently doing big bubbles - turned down bubble count and hoping it will fix itself lol.

Grr, darn thing. Had to take lights and covers back off to get it going again. I broke the glue that was stopping it popping off mount so just hoping it lasts a few more weeks.

Went to auction with intent to not buy anything and leave early... ended up with several plants (good buy) and some charcoal bamboo pleco caves (ummm).

Hahaha, not buy anything, lol. Never can I resist! Our meeting is first Friday of the month and I missed forgetting the date, or I might have something like charcoal pleco caves as well ; )

That actually sounds very interesting, I have seen them once but not in person yet.

What do you think about them so far?

Love plants too, anything fun?

Back
Top Bottom