My xray is glass surfing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's the problem? I don't know what glass surfing is.
You need to provide more info such as tank size, parameters, filter, tank mates (how many, how long have they been in there), how long has it been running, etc.

It may also be that the fish is seeing something through the glass that he wants to get to more than what's in the tank. Put a piece of paper on the outside of the side the fish is doing this on to see if this changes things.

Hope this helps

What's the problem? I don't know what glass surfing is.
You need to provide more info such as tank size, parameters, filter, tank mates (how many, how long have they been in there), how long has it been running, etc.

Glass surfing is stress in which a fish slides along the glass away from tankmates. It is a 10g tropical freshwater, a topfin filter, 6 guppy tankmates and 1 other tetra, tank running for 10 years.

I moved the 1/2 gallon tank next to him and he stopped. Thanks for the help :)

Sometimes we forget that just as we can see in through the glass, the fish can see out through the glass. :lol: I once had a tank with a school of rasboras that continually stared at the plants I had outside the window behind their tank. They wanted in there so bad that I had to close the shade and put some more plastic plants that resembled the outdoor plants into the tank to calm them down. Kinda makes you wonder what goes on inside their little heads. :whistle: Glad it was all resolved (y)

Glass surfing is stress in which a fish slides along the glass away from tankmates. It is a 10g tropical freshwater, a topfin filter, 6 guppy tankmates and 1 other tetra, tank running for 10 years.

Oh I see. I know what your talking about I just never knew what it was called. I was curious about tank mates in case there was a potential incompatibility issue. Looks like you found a solution.

Back
Top Bottom