Neolamprologus multifasciatus (Multi) tank pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustOneMore20

Algae Fighter
It occurred to me that I haven't shown pics of my Multies. Here are some pics from the tank. I have 8 adults and an unknown number of fry (they are new) in the tank. It's a 10g. I have probably 8 dozen shells or more in the tank (hard to believe!).

Here are some pics:

2419689606_b1837520c6.jpg

Male Multi

2419774414_684ea7964a.jpg

2450036407_224fc73e3d.jpg

2453447048_873b8a6482.jpg

Momma fish guarding her shell (with fry in it)

2452608591_48c611cb9c.jpg

Fry

And the tank:
2477268302_0b1984ff5d.jpg

(sorry for the reflections)

how adorable!
do you use flash with your IS15? Those are great pics, I am still trying to figure out how to use mine LOL

how adorable!
do you use flash with your IS15? Those are great pics, I am still trying to figure out how to use mine LOL

Thanks! Nope, I don't use flash. All my tanks have enough light (well except one) that I don't need the flash. The light reflects off the shells in these pics too, so I usually use the manual mode and then adjust the settings until it looks right to me. I try to keep the shutter speed fast since they move alot. :D

Thanks for the comments! These are one of my favorite fish.

That big male Multi that is in almost all the pics is the dominant one. I started with 2 (m/f) and then added 6 more a few weeks ago. The big male is probably the most photogenic too....guess that comes with being the boss.

Wow, incredible pics! Looks like a snail graveyard (I am guessing it is a great hiding place for your fish).

Thanks!

Wow, incredible pics! Looks like a snail graveyard (I am guessing it is a great hiding place for your fish).

Haha, yep it does look like a snail graveyard. The fish do love having all the shells though. They sleep in them at night. :)

Last edited:
Thanks!

Do they have a favorite shell or do they sleep in whatever they find for the night?

The female that I have in the pic (momma guarding) has a shell that she sleeps in all the time. It's one with fry in it (I think there are 2 with fry in them). The others have a certain area that they sleep in, but I'm not sure about a particular shell. I'll have to get back to you on that....haha. :D

Back
Top Bottom