Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Show Off/Photography
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-04-2013, 06:42 PM   #521
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraBettas View Post

Mason jars or lidded tupperware with daily water changes, or Betta barracks that hang on the inside or hang on the outside, but are still circulated with tank water.

I have this and love it, it has dividers and just needs a little bubbler and its external:
http://ca-en.hagen.com/Aquatic/Misc....Silicone/10943

I have a few of these as well, they hang on the inside and are divided:
http://ca-en.hagen.com/Aquatic/Misc....Silicone/10936

Good luck!
Thank you! I'm also wondering if it's ok for them to see each other through the glass/plastic... Especially males.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #522
Aquarium Advice Regular

I have several hundred males in 2 litre soda bottles. Cheaper than buying vases or jars, you just have to find people to drink the soda and remember to rinse them and save them for you. My Bettas flare at each other all day. If they get bored flaring at one guy they can turn around and flare at the one on the other side. I've been at this seriously for over 5 years now and usually have 2 to 5 hundred adult males on hand at any given time. They do not get stressed out or get traumatized by losing an imaginary fight with their neighbor. If you feel they might get over stimulated there are ways to put up removable solid color dividers to limit their exercise, excitement or stress; how ever you want to catagorize it.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:03 PM   #523
Aquarium Advice Activist

My betta.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130604_184804.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	178156  
Old 06-04-2013, 08:04 PM   #524
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

This is my latest aquabid acquisition.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ForumRunner_20130605_010255.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	178157  
Old 06-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #525
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chard56
I have several hundred males in 2 litre soda bottles. Cheaper than buying vases or jars, you just have to find people to drink the soda and remember to rinse them and save them for you. My Bettas flare at each other all day. If they get bored flaring at one guy they can turn around and flare at the one on the other side. I've been at this seriously for over 5 years now and usually have 2 to 5 hundred adult males on hand at any given time. They do not get stressed out or get traumatized by losing an imaginary fight with their neighbor. If you feel they might get over stimulated there are ways to put up removable solid color dividers to limit their exercise, excitement or stress; how ever you want to catagorize it.
Hey, welcome to the forum! I've seen your bettas on aquabid, very nice! And I would imagine getting that much soda drank can be an issue. It is a good idea though, and I had started a collection of them a couple months ago with that in mind. Sadly my boyfriend didn't realize I was trying to keep them and tossed most of them out...

At the moment I don't have any issues with housing males as my babies are still too young to have to separate and I only have 3 adult males. One has his own 10 and two others share a 10 with a craft mesh divider that they can't really see through. I'm not sure they have ever noticed one another.

I almost bought a dumbo ear delta tail today. If only I didn't have another stop to make (and if only I was in my car and not on the back of a moped) he would have come home with me. Instead I am going in on Friday when she gets more in so I can have my pick.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:21 PM   #526
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chard56 View Post
Ok thanks good to know. Do you heat the bottles somehow?
Old 06-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #527
Aquarium Advice Freak

My first fish ever was a betta named warrior.Sadly,he died as all first time ever fish do for me,but I bought another one and named it Aqua.He glows aqua when the light is turned on and is getting quite old,yet he stays healthy.He is about 4 and a 1/2 years old.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2834566332.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	178168  
Old 06-04-2013, 10:04 PM   #528
Aquarium Advice Activist

Mr chocolate is here...a chocolate veil tail betta
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-371606747.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	178170   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3947400980.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	178171  

Name:	image-1657143711.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	178172   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1952149711.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	178173  

Old 06-04-2013, 10:41 PM   #529
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chard56 View Post
Wow! Where do you keep that many 2 litre bottles? That must take up a massive amount of room!
Old 06-04-2013, 10:42 PM   #530
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoots2002 View Post
Mr chocolate is here...a chocolate veil tail betta
He is gorgeous!

Tags
betta, bettas, hose, pics

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com