spring time, Let's see some OT pics!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok They Don't Call us the Rose City for nothing... Here are a few pics of My Hybrid (expensive) Rose... My Mother in Law works part time out at a Rather Large Rose Garden where the Specialize in Specialty Roses.. Here are a Few Pics..

James

ok Since you liked the Seasonals Here are a few more pics of some of the ones that I have...

James

pics

here's one to go with one of alrmc4's pictures...

I'm sure lreilly will apreciate this one more than a few of my other ones :lol:

cj10488, nice flower pictures...the petunia is a beautiful deep purple!

millipede, the robin egg pic is great too. That must have taken a lot of patience! I really liked your rainbow pic too. I will admit (like I did in that other thread) that spiders really creep me out. I am somewhat used to the ones around here, but the ones that you have further south are much more scary looking to me. They are nice pictures but I don't enlarge them, or I'd have nightmares!

actually the robin's eggs didn't take much time... Robins don't build their nests very high in a tree, quite low actually... I was at my friends house trying to figure out what was wrong with my car and just looked into the tree right behind me... I took a few pictures of the mother but they didn't come out good, so I got closer... mamma robin flew away so I hopped up into the tree, and took two quick pictures... that one was the best of the two. There aren't many bugs that I consider creepy so some of the ones I post in this topic I think are quite normal and harmless... A lot of them I take the picture while it's on my hand so I can do a better job of focusing and such. I'm trying to post the more creepy ones in the creepy photo topic I started... But I can't guaruntee that everyone will like every picture I post in this one... What I consider creepy is different from quite a few other people... oh well...
I also like the purple flowers... roses aren't my favorite flowers... While I don't watch the tv show Dharma and Greg on anything of a regular basis, I did catch one episode where greg actually stopped to smell the roses and you can tell he was thinking "what in the world is so great about this..." they don't smell all that good... pick up a little flower from a clover patch and smell that... mmm, pretty nice... anyway... I think roses are at their prettiest when they're only partially open, but that's just me... can't wait to have my own yard to do some planting myself...

loving the pics no icky stuff ;) it may just be spring in wi what do ya know.

Ya, the eggs are nice. I only live a couple of hours from you Millipede so we have a lot of the same bugs. I am not a super girly girl, (my husband is the real pansy)so when ever we come across a creepy crawly I am the one who has it taken care of, so to speak. It's not my favorite but, I have a very boy two year old and I am sure I will face worse. Right now he is in to worms, oh joy.

Here are a few I took today.

DSCF1023.jpg

Or

DSCF1024_after.jpg

My son has a habit of getting in the puppies crate with her, I thought it was kind of cute. External flash fired, bounced off cieling.

DSCF1001.jpg

A few Dragons....

DSCF1005.jpg

DSCF1006.jpg

DSCF1041.jpg

This is a VERY close crop, no hope of printing it, but I thought it was cute, a wasp playing peek-a-boo with me, LOL

DSCF1038.jpg

Once again, great pics, Kevin! I really like the ones of the dragonflies. The one of your son and puppy is terrific.

Thanks. I have quite a few decent fog ones. I just picked one at random. And it worked. I had an hour to kill today, that does not happen often, so I spent it practicing. Once I get the pictures taken with a little more ease, I will start trying to make them pretty in photo shop.

If you don't mind a little constructive critisism.....

When taking your photos try keeping the rule of thirds in mind and focus on composition. The rule of thirds is basically a tic tac toe board on your photo (I actually have a PS action that does this for you to aid in composition, useful for crops) and to put points of interest where the inside middle box intersects with the outside boxes. This tends to make for a more interesting photo. This is also something I am trying to be very mindful of right now in my photos.

There is a few more suggestions, critiques, but this is not the thread for it.

Back
Top Bottom