10 hex hood/light help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsilvers

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 10 hex tank. It's lovely, but I want to increase the light. We tried to find a glass Versa Top, but All-Glass doesn't make it for that size tank. It was suggested to me that someone on this forum might know how we can increase the light in the strip light we have vs. getting a glass top made to accommodate something bigger?

Right now we have a little, 12-inch, 20 watt strip light. Any ideas how we can get more wattage??

help!

[/img]

Well, I'm sure you could either gut the fixture and use it to house a pc retro, or buy one of the pc light fixtures (if they make them that small) from AGA or Perfecto. However anothe option would be to make your own lid for the tank with a piece of plexiglass. This would give you more room.

I expect you could work a 32w PC in there. Need some measurements on the tank and the strip though. 12" and 20 watts? How many bulbs do you have? Can you post a pic? I'm sure we can come up with something.
Logan J

Back
Top Bottom