4ft tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Following along to see what goes in :) Are you building stand as well?

That’s the plan, I’m gonna make a frame out of 2x4 and clad the whole thing to make it look nicer then I’m going to add some doors on the front as I’m contemplating getting a canister filter and I’d like to mostly hide it

IMG_0005.jpg just a quick update, I had to remove one of the sides and restick it back on and i didn’t push it in at the bottom but all fixed now, I’ve added some 20mmx20mm bronzed aluminium angle in the corners to hide my not so pretty cuts and I think it’s looking great, another thing is I’m unsure as to what I might do for a lid, any advice/idea appreciated

I’m at work atm but last I check it was still going strong, little bit of bowing in the middle so I’ll put another piece of glass across the middle tomorrow

IMG_1363.jpg the brace is now glued in to prevent bowing when full and the stand is almost finished, just need to pick up some ply wood and hinges and stuff tomorrow so I can clad it. Looking forward to setting it up

Back
Top Bottom