Algae turf scrubber(ATS)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just about to trash the idea of an ATS until I thought of this idea. The light will be in a rectangular cutout of the bucket with a piece of glass epoxied in it. It seems pretty good to me. What do you think? Also what size tubing and return pump would I need for it?

Attachments

• image-2685522698.jpg
    image-2685522698.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 101
That will work, the only flaws I see is are that you have light on only onside and if your return gets backed up you might have a pretty mess on your hands.

Here is an idea that will allow you to put a sump on your tank for cheap. Just go ahead and get yourself a small rubbermaid storage container and you can pipe in a sump with an ATO and some LR rubble.

Here is a picture of mine.....if you have the space it's not much more on investment.

Now getting back to the ATS...I have been running mine for about 2 years and I really like it. Yet, it adds to the hassle of maintenance. I've just recently been researching to get rid of my ATS and go with some mangroves growing in fiji mud. The mud replaces trace elements and as long as you mist the mangroves leaves with fresh water they work just like algae (ATS).

Let me know if you got any questions...I'm no pro just trying to help.

Attachments

• IMG_1065.jpg
    IMG_1065.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 106
The screen will be big to compensate for light. That's a great idea on the rubber maid sump! I never thought about that. Thanks a lot!

Back
Top Bottom