Almost done...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr Burns

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My stand is near completion, so i snapped a couple pictures. i still need to paint the trim, stain the birch facing, and attach the door. other than that, it's good to go. the back is actually open, but there is a sheet of cardboard against the back so nothing hits it. also, you can see the tank sitting on top...that has a bunch of work left. birch facing on the front needs to be cut out, stained and installed, the sides need to be painted, 7 layers of sweetwater black epoxy go on the inside, then glass and center brace installation. even then, i'll still have to leak test the tank for a few weeks before i start on the canopy.

three coats of epoxy have been applied to the tank. if this goes any slower, it's going to start reversing! i'm currently in the process of making a website for the whole project, so i probably won't post any picture updates until the site is up.

85 gallons. here is a picture of the final coat...the tank need to sit and cure for a few days before i can move on to installing the glass and applying silicone to the inside edges.

also, you can see what the stand looks like much better in this picture. it still need a door, but the facing with be stained to a natural cherry and the trim will be charcoal. the canopy will get the same treatment, but i won't start finishing either until i leak test the tank for a couple weeks.

everything is going really well with the tank, but i'm debating between using 3/8" or 1/2" glass, tempered or standard float. could somebody give me advice as to what kind of glass to use? tia

Back
Top Bottom