Crate aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's not much cold water species I know about. They never interested me. You could do the 2 goldfish in a 50ish gallon tank with decent filtration and easy maintenance.

There's several interesting subtropical-friendly fish species out there. Longear sunfish, orangespotted sunfish, dollar sunfish, and pumpkinseeds are some of my favorite colorful native sunfish. There are also several shiner species that are amazing.

The containers that you linked, one is basically a half barrel, which is a 50ish gallon barrel cut in half, which is good at being decorative but limits your options to very small fish.

A stock tank might be a better option, there are multiple sizes available.
Tuff Stuff Products Heavy Duty Oval Tank, 110 gal. - Tractor Supply Co.

There's several interesting subtropical-friendly fish species out there. Longear sunfish, orangespotted sunfish, dollar sunfish, and pumpkinseeds are some of my favorite colorful native sunfish. There are also several shiner species that are amazing.

The containers that you linked, one is basically a half barrel, which is a 50ish gallon barrel cut in half, which is good at being decorative but limits your options to very small fish.

A stock tank might be a better option, there are multiple sizes available.
Tuff Stuff Products Heavy Duty Oval Tank, 110 gal. - Tractor Supply Co.

So could I put fancies in that? The nearest tractor supply isn't near at all! Are there any other stores that carry something rubber? I don't want to use plastic out of fear that it might crack under all the water pressure.

NatureFish
????

Those stock tanks are meant to hold water. They are made of thick plastic and last several years even out in the sun. Many pond liners are made of HDPE or PVC plastic as well, although firestone makes high quality rubber ones as well (called EPDM), but they do cost significantly more.

You may find one at some other kind of hardware type store or feed store nearby, it's just going to take some digging around.

I think I'm just going to have to build something since I can't find anything in my area....

NatureFish
????

I just found out I can't build it... Oh well sorry guys. I don't have enough space inside my room.
I just measured. :(

NatureFish
????

Back
Top Bottom