DIY- 75g 2x4 stand!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A bit if inspiration op! Check it out..

image-1360450748.jpg

image-3051524957.jpg

This is the southern yellow pine with a light stain and high gloss poly finish (still wet) just finished! Before lunch too!

If those vertical lines are supposed to represent 2x4s, you'll need 12 of them across the front alone. That's going to be impossible to move. I'd use the 2x4s for structure, and a 1x6 or other, thinner lumber to cover it.

You sir have not met me. I pick the 75g tank up and throw it on my shoulder :)

Very nice work lep! But again op is trying to keep things cheap and easy, for lack of a better term. While your builds look outstanding there is no way to accomplish that for under $100, a sheet of 1/4" veneer cherry is atleast $30-$35 itself. Let's not try and turn this into a contest or else I'll have to dig into my portfolio;)

A sheet of 1/4 ply will be cheaper or about the same as the cedar in the long run. Not about portfolio.

This is back on the table for sure. I don't like hearing the stand the tank is on creak!!!! That's never a good sign!!! So I'm just gonna make this a very simple stand now. No more fancy shmancy stuff!!! Just 2x4s and 2x6s and it will be a frame only stand!!!

I got you! It's going to be about $30 and a hour or two of your time, based on how much posts I see from you daily I'm guessing you got a few extra minutes;) basic sturdy sturdyyy 2x4 frame, setup to accept future wrap if you so choose! Sound ok? I'm going to sketch up a detailed plan later and I'll snap a pic and you can zoo in on details!

I got you! It's going to be about $30 and a hour or two of your time, based on how much posts I see from you daily I'm guessing you got a few extra minutes;) basic sturdy sturdyyy 2x4 frame, setup to accept future wrap if you so choose! Sound ok? I'm going to sketch up a detailed plan later and I'll snap a pic and you can zoo in on details!

Dude that's awesome!!!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I might be building one for myself! Just jumped on a 75 w glass too on craigslist for.......$20!!!!!!!!! C'mon real deal! I'm totally getting an oscar if this happens.

I want a fire belly! They have them at the crappy pet supplies plus, I'll rescue one gladly!

No fire belly oscar? Right?? They're black with the orange striping/pattern.

Back
Top Bottom