diy led lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joefrommi65

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all,
I am looking at retrofitting my existing hood lights to led ,I was wondering if anyone can tell me if any knows how they will work for plants. I don't want to get to crazy no co2 or any plant that's needs special care. I am looking at buying these off ebay because I am cheap.....lol ,I also want to use mainly white lights but I want to add some blue for night time effect. I have been searching the web and everything is confusing to me as far as conversion from florescent to led. The leds I am looking at have these specs:
Specifics:
5050 SMD
Color: cool white
View angle:120°
Working Voltage: 12V DC
Power adapter for 5 M : 5A(60W)
LED Quantity: 300 LEDS / 5 Meter
Protection grade: IP 65, Waterproof
Working Temperature:-20 to 60°
Diameter: 177mm

Thanks,Joe:thanks:

Hey Joe. I have similar lights to those, the same in fact, except in the RGB(coloured version). They are nice lights and do a good job on the tank but are no good for growing plants. They will grow very low light plants like Water Sprite, Wisteria etc but I have to float them. If you want the blue effect, get the RGB version. You can have thousands of colour combos. What size tank have you got????......

Attachments

• 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 148
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 135
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg