DIY Tank Building Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Teej

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all.. I was wondering.. I can not bring a larger tank into my apartment larger than my 75 as it just would not fit in the doorway (I have narrow doorways). I see the directions on how to build my own tank.. which I could do up here.. My question is... Where would someone get the acrylic material to build a tank like that? and how thick would it need to be ?
We have a Menards and a Home Depot in my city.. would they be there?
What is the technical name of the acrylic material I would need to use? Thanks for your help people!

Only thing I would do is caution you that bilding something larger than the door opening will basicly mean when/if you move you must leave it.

Most 90gals have the same footprint as a 75. In addition you should be able to find a 125 gal tank thats simply longer than the 75 that would fit in the door.

Actually.. no on the 125 gallon idea... There is a VERY sharp turn immediatley before my door... When we moved my bed in, we has to cut the boxspring in 1/2 (it was only a queen size). I figured o nthe leaving it part though.. lol thanks for tyhe input though

Im thinking a glass aquarium can be put together with silicone, if you had to leave you could remove the silicone and take it apart.. this is assuming your building it.. this one is tough because your livestock.. im thinking it would be tough but possible.

How about having the tank standing up on a piece of thick carpet that you drag indoor while someone maintains the tank balanced? You're only looking at about 18 to 20 inches on a side. Surely, the doorway/hallway must be at least 24 inches. No? Just a thought. :)

8)

Back
Top Bottom