Filtration help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toon.inc

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so I have started breeding fish. I have just purchased 6 fish tank and a stand but no filter. I was wonder how I get one filter to filter all six tank as I have never tried before.

Is there a way to doing it without drilling the tank

Could you use seperate overflow boxes on the backs of all the tanks and plumb them all into one common line.

What if one tank gets diseased? Then all of them do...
If i were you i would get a bunch of sponge corner filters on the fry tanks and you could probably do an hob on the other tanks

Link , I have often wondered the same thing. I know that many stores I have been in have all their tanks plumbed back to one main filter ( looks like a pool filter) and all have ball valves to regulate flow and you could isolate the tank if need be however by then the damage of cross contimnation could have allready occured like you have mentioned.

I have thought of that but no new fish, plant or ornament will be introduced once up and running this is just strictly a breeding setup.

The best way I think I can get this to work I can only link 3 tank at once.

Have them all on top of one another with overflow pipe going from top to middle then middle to bottom then a canister filter sucking from bottom to top.

Back
Top Bottom