Glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a guy who can get me the 1" tempered glass low iron. At 96"x36". He advises to use tempered.

Yea and I didn't plan on it since it will only me the front viewing glass. Just tore all carpet out of house so at least clean up would be easier. Still hoping that wouldn't happen. Waiting on quotes right now. He is also gonna send me the weight. Curious to know how much I will have to transport. He sent me a voicemail with a ridiculously low price so I called and had him verify the measurements. $375 with polished edges seemed way too low.

Yea. And he never got back to me. So I will have to call him back tomorrow. Just made the plans for my tank. Now I am going to attempt to input using google sketch. I think I can scale the glass down to 3/4" but I may just keep it at 1". The dimension ended up making the tank 660 gallon with OD and ID its 600 gallons. Smaller than I wanted but I what killed me was the depth. To fit through the door I am at 34.75 in. With 1/4 inch clearance. Still a big tank with a large view. Can't wait to get this started! The original plans for for 800 gallons and in metric so I basically followed his construction and used my measurements. Having some issues tearing apart my 240g. It has this plastic bracing stuff around the base and top. It's a pain taking off. I just peeled off the rear since that is where the cracked piece is. It is taking much needed space in the garage.

Attachments

• image-374988620.jpg
    image-374988620.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 64
  • image-1401354352.jpg
    image-1401354352.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 60
Good ol' Yuma. I lived there years ago. Went to Kofa High!! There were three fish stores there back then and were actually pretty good. Can't remember the names anymore, but I worked at one that was off of 32nd st.

I didn't know of any off of 32nd. The one close to m is pretty nasty. And there is persmart with not much for selection. I hate Yuma but dealing with it. From Michigan and not much of a desert person.

I hear ya on that. It takes a while to get used to. Having a boat and a quad makes a difference if your an outdoor person at all, but otherwise, not much to it. Good fishing there by some of the dams and Martinez Lake. Not Michigan, but great bass fishing anyway

Yea I sold the boat a few months ago and only did the dunes thing for one season and sold my bike and quad. Now I just look forward to the pool everyday and time to pass so I can transfer back to the cold north. I'm a big ice fisherman(well I used to be) and the hunting and fishing is just way better and not so miserable with the heat up north.

Back
Top Bottom