Heavy duty tank cabinet build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well the front panel is on, at least temporarily. Have to cut the holes for the doors might take it off for that. I'm wiped out, been a really long day. Back at it tomorrow.

Okay I'm hoping to finish this thing today. Just got back from the hardware store, again. Had to get another panel of plywood for the ends and I'll use the left overs for making the doors. Now back to the build...

It has been a REALLY long, hard day. Time to take a break and have some dinner and a glass of wine. I'm very close to wrapping this project up. I'm not happy with the size of doors that will be going in the front but they will have to do for now, I'm not spending any more money on this (for now) if I can avoid it. I can always make them larger later.

Next post should have the thing completed but it will be a few more hours yet.

Total = $589.46 US, that includes a new sander, new circular saw (old one broke finally), couple of saw blades, new hole cutting drill bit parts.

So really not bad at all. I get a cabinet I KNOW isn't going to collapse under the weight, looks nice. The tools I consider an investment. Plus have lots of left overs that can be used later, like trim, screws, ply wood, etc.

Also this was a big accomplishment for me personally. I am however worn down to the nub, sore as heck and totally worn out. Project completed in one week.

Thanks for the support guys.

One last item, I put those little stick-n-click lights inside so when I open the doors I just reach up inside and click them to get light on the shelves.

If I could do it all over again I would have put big swivel casters(wheels) under mine and cover them up with a skirt under the cabinet cause I am always moving stuff around but it's too late for me

Back
Top Bottom