Just built

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

al45223

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Newbie.

I just finished a stand/canopy for a 75g.
Comments anyone?

Attachments

• 75g finally finished and ready to go in the house.jpg
    75g finally finished and ready to go in the house.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 92
  • 75 before water and fish.jpg
    75 before water and fish.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 135
  • 75g .jpg
    75g .jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 75g front view.jpg
    75g front view.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 79
looks good like the rope desing can you take any pics of the structure part of the stand i am looking to build one myself and want to see how you did it

Basically the stand is 4x4s for the uprights in the corners, 2x4 frame mounted to those top and bottom 2x2 center uprights in the center front and back, plywood for the inner bottom shelf/floor and on top where the tank sits. I had pics, I'll see if I can locate them for you.

looks good like the rope desing can you take any pics of the structure part of the stand i am looking to build one myself and want to see how you did it

I have a couple pics....

I used 2x4's in the corners.
And 2x6's for the span.

No uprights required in the middle if you use 2x6's, but I built mine for a 110 gallon tank.

2x4's are usually sufficient for smaller tanks.

Here is a link to my thread:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...daves-110-gallon-tank-makeover-ld-115332.html

stand frame

divedeep,

here's some shots of the stand after assembly. Notched the 4x4s to accept the 2x4 frames. 2x2s are more for internal mounting (shelf, door latches) than structural. I did use 'T' braces and corner braces as added insurance. I'm sure this is over engineered but that's a safer way to go. Used cheap flat black spraypaint to seal the top plywood in case of spillage to prevent rotting. Actually not as heavy as it looks even with the PT 4x4's. Hope this helps you. I actually plagiarized other designs from my searches on the web.

Attachments

• standframe1.jpg
    standframe1.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 95
  • standframe2.jpg
    standframe2.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 82
  • standframe3.jpg
    standframe3.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 80
  • standframe4.jpg
    standframe4.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 77
ok thanks guys yea it will be a while before i build one i have to get my first tank prefect first i want to build a hole setup from top to bottom one day including the glass tank so i can stand back and say i actually built it

Back
Top Bottom