Turning a 30Gal tank into a Wet/Dry System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aaron_Mullinax

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just purchased a 200Gal Tank and it has already been drilled with an overflow setup. Overflow is a 4X4 area blocked out at the back corner.. In the original setup they used the overflow area to hold the filter media and the sump tank just had the overflow pooring stright down into the Sump Tank. Then they had the pump (900 GPH) on the other side just pumping the water back into the 200 Gal Tank. My question is or thought would be to reconigure this setup and divide the sump tank into sections which would then hold the filter media... Any advice on the best approach? I was thinking 1 area would house the Bio stuff and then it would flow through a filter and back over into the pump area...

Good idea? I am new at this so any pointers would be good.. Or if you have a site that has a drawing that I can plueprint my plans based on someone that has made one that works well...

I also see some tanks in the store that have two lines running from the overflow area.. Why do you do this instead on one like my configuration?

Here's a pic of my sump when I 1st set it up.
plumbing1-down_2-08.jpg

And here it is after it's been running about a year.
ato3_5-09.jpg

Back
Top Bottom