Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-11-2013, 12:16 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Waterproof endcaps

I am in the process of building a canopy for my 45G long tank. I would like to do my own lighting to hang inside the canopy and was thinking either t8 lighting or t5 lighting. It's just a freshwater tank planted with low light plants. I've searched everywhere and found nothing on where to find water resistant endcaps for t8 bulbs other than on ebay and even then, I can't even find those right now. I've seen t5 a couple places but would rather go with the t8's. Any suggestions appreciated

Old 11-14-2013, 03:52 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrobocaj08 View Post
I am in the process of building a canopy for my 45G long tank. I would like to do my own lighting to hang inside the canopy and was thinking either t8 lighting or t5 lighting. It's just a freshwater tank planted with low light plants. I've searched everywhere and found nothing on where to find water resistant endcaps for t8 bulbs other than on ebay and even then, I can't even find those right now. I've seen t5 a couple places but would rather go with the t8's. Any suggestions appreciated
If it were me I would just buy some water proof leds. With that size tank you could do it pretty cheap. Go on amazon and lookup waterproof led strips. I would get 1 or 2 in 6500K and 1 rgb.

Old 11-14-2013, 09:38 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

I have seen them for sale in the past. Look a little harder on line at aquarium supply stores. I know I can but them locally.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:06 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Checked around a couple hardware stores and my lfs's and still nothing. But I did find a dimmer LED that adjusts from 36"-48" blue and sunlight come in it for 80 bucks.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com