Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-21-2005, 03:30 PM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

A challenge...

I challenge all members with 500 or more posts and/or that have benefitted from the knowledge and (virtual or real) friendships at AA to become and AA Alumni by donating to this site. I try to remember to twice a year.

Yeah, I know, I may have stepped on toes in the past doing this - those that have known me for a while aren't surpised to see this post. I hope the Admins and Advisors don't mind me doing this from time to time, 'cause I never seem to remember to "clear" these communications with them first.

I'm not asking you to take food off your tables or clothes off your backs. Just asking that you do what you can, when you can. I can't believe that some of us that have benefitted from this site to save money and/or time can't show some of that by way of a donation.

I also realize some of you may not know about the Alumni tag or that you could donate money. Click on the "Make a Donation" thingy at the top of the page for more details. I'll BET you'll be glad you did.

If you don't think this is a wonderful site worth supporting in that way, pls ignore me and my challenge.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Old 09-21-2005, 03:50 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
as a side note, along with the direct means of donations, you can also support this site buy buying items at the aa store or through purchases made through select vendors like amazon.com, petsmart and petco...just do your shopping after accessing their site through the banner links above. Although AA does not receive a large portion of the proceeds, every little bit helps.

Old 09-21-2005, 04:06 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have the aquarium advice hooded sweatshirt. Very warm & comfy
Old 09-21-2005, 08:47 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Bumpitty, bump, bump.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Old 09-22-2005, 11:14 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

shoot, I'ma have to order something. Looks like some good merchandise for an awesome cause!!!!!
Rena Filstar XP2
Pressurized CO2 w/SMS122

29 Gallon Goldfish
4" Red/White Ryunkin
4" Orange Fantail
Penguin 100
AquaClear 20
Old 09-24-2005, 09:36 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm an alumni now
Old 09-24-2005, 09:58 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Another way of indirect support is to purchase from our sponsors. While we dont charge and arm and leg for sponsorship they do pay to have the privlages of the banner and sponsor forums. When you order if you can mention AA that just goes to reinforce that the sponsorship $'s have a benifit directly to the sponsors.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:25 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Other than using paypal, is there some other way to donate directly to AA?
Old 09-25-2005, 10:33 AM   #9
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
For those thta do not like paypal you can send a check if you wish. If this is something that you would prefer PM me and Ill give you the mailing address.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:32 PM   #10
AA Team Emeritus

T-lou, that looks so good under your name.

Looks like it belongs there.

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com