Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-19-2005, 10:06 AM   #131
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to shawmutt
How is it I check this site every day and missed this whole thread? I was looking for an excuse to go to the Aquarium--you can count me and my wife in.

Old 03-19-2005, 11:27 AM   #132
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Last time we went to the aquarium we rode the metro in. This is probably what we will do again. Those of you whom are local yocals what metro station closest to Fredrick or Mt. Airy will take me into the interharbor? I know there is a metro stop like 2 or 3 blocks from the aquarium.

Im in favor of a mid afternoon meal. We will probably be comming up early Sat or Friday night and then planning on spending some time around the harbor prior to the 12:15 entry time.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:07 PM   #133
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Were going to come up Friday night and get a hotel. Spend the day with you folks on Saturday and head down to DC to give the kids a quick tour on Sunday, heading home in the late afternoon. A lot of running, but should be fun.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:32 PM   #134
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hey Kurt, DC is awesome. There is also a tiny Aquarium under the commerce building you could check out.

http://www.nationalaquarium.com/
Old 03-19-2005, 12:53 PM   #135
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Thanks Cindy, actually I lived in the DC area when I was in the navy from 86-89. Just while we were in the area, though I would show the kids some of the landmarks. Don't really have the time for tours, just a quick run through and a lunch somewhere. Gotta get back here Sunday night.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:55 PM   #136
AA Team Emeritus

Ya'll wanna shoot for dinner about some where in the 4 range? Only thing, that'd probably put us at 7 - 8 or so to finish eating and depart. Might be worth trying to ID a place to eat dinner for us all and working something out with the establishment in advance.

Everybody on their own until we meet at 12:15?

Sorry, I manage processes and procedures in my day job and have a habit of trying to develop similar controls on time. Then again, it might help us all put our timelines together as much as possible since folks have shedules to meet with family or travel - or both.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Old 03-19-2005, 08:03 PM   #137
AA Team Emeritus

Ray, micromanagement is now all the rage, so don't apologize! This is where we need to be at this point for, as I mentioned earlier...we will need to find an establishment that can handle seating all of us (and won't catch a fit when I bring out the garlic thingies). Believe me, these go great with seafood!
Old 03-20-2005, 02:14 PM   #138

Quote:
I dont know how easy it is to leave and re enter.
95% sure you can't. you leave, you must pay again to get back in. Almost positive of that.

Edit See Fluff's replies below, I was Wrong!

Old 03-20-2005, 02:37 PM   #139
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff
last year when we were there, they gave us a hand stamp so we could re-enter the aquarium.
Unless my mind has finally gone, I'm pretty sure you can get back in.
Old 03-20-2005, 02:41 PM   #140
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sheesh corvus, you really had me doubting myself. I just called them and asked about leaving and coming back and yes, for sure, you get your hand stamped on the way in so you can return.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com