Betta food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Floop123

Aquarium Advice Freak
My betta is eating, and enjoying Tetra BettaMin flakes. There are ground brine shrimp. (some are not in the flakes don't know if some are in the flakes) Is this, and the few goldfish pellets nutritious enough? I think he may have eaten some of the shrimp that my goldfish tore up. [emoji15] I still see pieces of my shrimp. I would not really like to feed them live food for this exact reason. Happened yesterday. Her head was sitting under a plant. Could you also list the prices that this food would be at PetSmart? Sorry for all the questions!

Betta diet is mostly protein and GF diet should be mostly plant based with protein.

Betta love to eat meaty stuff like shrimp, there are freeze dried foods from Hikari I like which have varieties - Brine shrimp, Tubifex, Blood Worms. I prefer the Hikari Biogold for the Betta, about $3. It doesn't seem Petsmart is carrying it, but Walmart and Petco does.

Soak the freeze dried foods for about 5 min in tank water for the fish to be more comfortable eating. I use a little plastic disposable cup and throw it out after a couple uses.

Shrimp breaks down quickly and can cause ammonia. If uneaten food is left in the tank I would remove it after about 8-12 hours. If it is shrimp I would get it out of there after just a couple hours.

Back
Top Bottom