Crazy Corys Anonymous

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sometimes they can grow back barbels. It just depends how much they've lost and many will recover. But missing Barbels may be a sign of poor health. They tend to lose them from infection from dirty conditions. They may have come in that way ?

I would quarantine them before adding them.

Hi and thanks for response...I only bought the peppered cory's today due to appearance of the albino's barbels....I definitely will go back for albino's soon though, maybe wait until the lfs next delivery! I know I really should have a qt but I don't...just have to pick the healthiest looking stock, take the risk and hope for the best?!? :-/ thanks again for advice and input.

New Pygmy Cories!

I am so jazzed, yesterday I got my order from Aquabid of Pygmy Cories. They were very lively, even in the bag. Once acclimated and in the tank they were all over the place, hanging out with my gargantuan BNP and swimming around with my half grown Bronze Aneus, my first cory baby.

They are absolutely adorable.

Attachments

• image-980186115.jpg
    image-980186115.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 75
New Pygmy Cories!

I am so jazzed, yesterday I got my order from Aquabid of Pygmy Cories. They were very lively, even in the bag. Once acclimated and in the tank they were all over the place, hanging out with my gargantuan BNP and swimming around with my half grown Bronze Aneus, my first cory baby.

They are absolutely adorable.

Really cute:)

I kinda feel bad for my little guy. The three trouble makers are schooling, but Ash won't join in. He never colored up and I can see through him almost. All he does is sift everywhere and everything. I'm beginning to wonder if I got the runt or something like that. Poor little dude. Might give everyone some frozen bloodworms tomorrow morning.

So I decided to get a couple Pygmy cories, hoping they would at least make friends with my dainties even if they don't end up schooling......I notice after acclimation and introduction that they do this thing where they're swimming in place and they look like they're vibrating, which I thought was adorable and silly.
Fast forward to late the next day, just off work and relaxing by watching my fish, and I see one of my dainties do the same vibrating in place thing. Which is something that they have never done in the month or so I've had them.
I can't help but think the pygmies taught them a new trick :)

Yeah that's not good. That vibration usually means irritation to skin. I have seen my Killie fish do it then died. -- not to scare you tho. Water change time

They're not actually vibrating, their side fins are moving at high speed to keep them in place, and it's making them move back and forth in tiny increments and it just looks like they're vibrating.

My albinos don't vibrate. They just dart all over and stir up every last but of dirt I missed on my water change. Or they find their partner and twirl around acting like they're kissing/making out. No idea what that ones about.

Some of my cories .. i added 2 new albinos since i finally found some in stock around the same size as my others

ForumRunner_20130404_003013.jpg

ForumRunner_20130404_003021.jpg

My bronze cories well 3 apparently the 4th skipped out of the photo last minute..lol

ForumRunner_20130404_003311.jpg

ForumRunner_20130404_003323.jpg

Black neons and Pygmy cories are very funny together. I just got some and the smallest is following one of my pygmies around trying to school. It doesn't look like chasing cuz the neon isn't trying to overtake the Cory, just keep up as the Cory keeps darting away like "no way dude"! Then the other Pygmy is actually trying to school with the neons. They are having the silliest interactions right now.

They just snuffle at the bottom, I stick a bottom feeder pellet in there and it expands so they can eat the pieces.

Well we added the new albino cories around 3 weeks ago.. our lights went out for almost 72hrs and i couldnt get our generator to work so i added airstones battery operated of course to all tanks and did lots and lots of water changes. After 1night if no power we got the generator to work so i plugged all tanks up .. didnt lose any fish .. ok so i said all that to tell yall this

I was looking in my 55g the other night and saw 1 of the new albinos laying in some moss on his side looking dead .. My gourami swam over and placed her feelers on him n he didnt move so I thought oh no we lost him prolly bc of the power outage he was so young it was just to much.. :( I got the net and went to scoop him out which he laid there until i started raising the net then he jumped up n darted out and started swimming all over the tank up n down all over until he was tired then he hid in the stump so i couldnt net him ..lol its so funny cause now if i come to the tank first thing he does is get up n start swimming...lol

Back
Top Bottom