Crazy Corys Anonymous

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cory's new playground... with a few friends

5 Albino Cory
3 Bronze Cory, one that was born here
7 Harlequin Rasboras
1 Dwarf Gourami

46g Planted

They are really having fun in their new tank, zoom, zoom, zoom!

Attachments

• IMG_1475.jpg
    IMG_1475.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1476.JPG
    IMG_1476.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 101
Nice tank. I have 8 Sterbai s in my 50 g & plan to get Pygmies for the 29g planted I just put together .

Nice tank. I have 8 Sterbai s in my 50 g & plan to get Pygmies for the 29g planted I just put together .

I really like Sterbai's, their color pattern is so striking. Peppers and Emerald Green also caught my eye recently…but there is only so much room. Lol.

My favorites are still Albino Aeneus, they are so darned goofy. I also have 8 cute Pygmies in my 36g that I will probably need to move to "46 Corrieville"! I do NOT look forward to trying to catch them!

And then there are Oto's. I had no idea how entertaining they could be in a group--and otherwise. The other night I saw one of them munch along right up cranky Mr. Bristlenose's back--twice. Hilarious!

Attachments

• image-3249548137.jpg
    image-3249548137.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 107
Well we added the new albino cories around 3 weeks ago.. our lights went out for almost 72hrs and i couldnt get our generator to work so i added airstones battery operated of course to all tanks and did lots and lots of water changes. After 1night if no power we got the generator to work so i plugged all tanks up .. didnt lose any fish .. ok so i said all that to tell yall this

I was looking in my 55g the other night and saw 1 of the new albinos laying in some moss on his side looking dead .. My gourami swam over and placed her feelers on him n he didnt move so I thought oh no we lost him prolly bc of the power outage he was so young it was just to much.. :( I got the net and went to scoop him out which he laid there until i started raising the net then he jumped up n darted out and started swimming all over the tank up n down all over until he was tired then he hid in the stump so i couldnt net him ..lol its so funny cause now if i come to the tank first thing he does is get up n start swimming...lol

Albinos are known to "sleep" mine do that all the time. You think their dead, but, nope, sleeping !

46g "Corrieville"

Just an update. I had a knowledgable fishy friend refer to Cory as bottom dwellers. They really are not so much. Lol

Attachments

• image-4207235841.jpg
    image-4207235841.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 74
Added 6-8 baby cory fry got from a friend! I am not sure how many, because they are hidden in the plants in my tank. I did notice one little guy has a clouded/non existant eye. Think He was born this way. He is too cute though!!

Nice 46g! It looks fantastic!

Thank you very much. Can't wait to see what the plants do with dry ferts and the Ray2!

Of course right now it's a wild jumble because I needed to get as many plants as possible in there for cycling, later I can refine and get some different plants.

Taking baby steps…

bkiggy said:
Hey guys- what do you think is the most active Cory species ??

I think their all pretty active. Everyone probably has there own experience with them tho. I have peppered and sterdai in my tank. Both species are active for me.

I have pygmies and dainties, and while they're both pretty active the pygmies are almost.....regal. The dainties are dorks and the pygmies zoom, but in a more stylized hummingbird kind of way

Crap ! ;( One of my Venezuela Red Sailfin died. Why???? IDK. The little ones and rare ones don't seem to live long. The Cory's you find very commonly live forever !!!!

Crap ! ;( One of my Venezuela Red Sailfin died. Why???? IDK. The little ones and rare ones don't seem to live long. The Cory's you find very commonly live forever !!!!

Sorry to hear about your cory bkiggy hope you're others keep ok.

Spent my Saturday here changing to a sand substrate just to keep my little Cory's happy :-\ I think that could be considered a little eccentric ....

Spent my Saturday here changing to a sand substrate just to keep my little Cory's happy :-\ I think that could be considered a little eccentric ....

Sand is great! My cories were on gravel for awhile. It didn't affect their barbels but now that they have sand the barbels have really grown. I'm not sure if this is actually possible maybe they grow with the fish but they've def gotten longer/thicker.

Hey guys well today I got three Cory's unsure of the type but I do know that one is a albino Cory. This albino seems to only want to be by himself. And is often picked on and chased by the male molly. Is there any thing I can do

Hey guys well today I got three Cory's unsure of the type but I do know that one is a albino Cory. This albino seems to only want to be by himself. And is often picked on and chased by the male molly. Is there any thing I can do

Hmm, what color is your substrate? If it's dark, then your albino may be sticking out like a sore thumb. OR it could be sick and that's why your Molly could be picking on it. I have 3 sterbiai cores and one kind of stays by itself but my male Bolivian ram hangs with it.

Back
Top Bottom