Crunchy fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WhiteDevil

Aquarium Advice Addict
This morning I guess last night I slept walked. Fed the fish in my sleep, got the cat in my room and all, well left the hikari out and the lid open, got up at 0415cdt this morning and stepped on something crunchy, Im thinking a leaf from a plant didnt think nothing of it, did my morning thing and came back out to put my boots on and stepped on it again this time it was on the ball of my foot and it was hard. Looked down and there was clifford, the big red fish, looking like a piece of betta jerky.

Was he so eager to jump that he waited for the perfect opportunity to figure out he cant live without water? or did I do it in my sleep with my hand?

The worst part is I gotta cut the bologna and tell my 3 year old daughter what happened to her big red fish,clifford the big red fish.

Why would it jump? they usually live in bowls and cups that people call aquariums and never jump, why would this one jump?

Now that he is gone, how are hatchetfish? are they nippers? I am trying to find something that cruises the top water and looks neat. Id love to get an affrican butterfly but I think they are predators not community.

I just feel bad cause I stepped on him twice.

Bettas jump pretty regularly. Hatchets do too. They are peaceful though.

Sorry about Clifford!

I've stepped on a live fish before.....thankfully not with all my weight though...just lightly and the fish made it through the ordeal. Found another fish dried and crunchy though....some fish jump and others don't. I guess they don't know that they need water to live. :D

Its got a lid constantly infact the lid is being held down by a new plant light tonight. I sleep walk and well this is the result. had it not been for the cat I woulda thought it was my daughter's trick.

Back
Top Bottom