Fish characteristics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He knows that I'm moving him back to the living room and that he's more likely to see ice cream. Other than that he's pretty lazy.

Myfisheatsyours said:
300 gallons.. In the living room next to our tv and the computer desk on the other side. That tank breaks I'm going bankrupt haha

Dont let that break haha plus youll have a giant arowana on your floor too

I have one particular mollie that is scared of the hamster in his ball. Whenever the hamster gods past the tank the mollie just freezes like a rabbit in headlights.

All four of my synodontis catfish demand belly rubs when I'm cleaning their tanks.

They will also nibble my fingertips until I give them shrimp pellets.

My oldest breeding pair of firemouths will flare their gills at me until I feed them.

And one of my bettas does "flips" in his tank when I walk up.

My brother had a gold veil angelfish named George (curious about everything) who I had to care for for about 5 months. He always came to the glass whenever I walked up like most cichlids do...but one morning I came down the stairs in the morning and the angels were posted by the old overflows where the newly born platy fry were fighting for survival like they had been the night before...waiting for a morning snack I assume. Anyway...and I swear this happened...when my shadow fell on the tank I was still only halfway down the stairs...but he spotted it and swam over to greet me wagging his tail!! I'm not making this up...he was wagging his tail fin and swimming up and down like a puppy saying good morning!

My angelfish are smart and follow me around the tank when I'm checking everything out...but George is the only one who really looked like he had missed me! :)

I bought a moonlight led for my tank thinking it would look cool with my elephant nose, but my pearl gourami hates it! He freezes as soon as its switched on & just doesn't move staring at the light he had me & my husband giggling, he would even try to turn away really slowly but his eyes were still fixed on the light, so I eventually took the light away its a shame as it became the highlight of the night!

shellyx said:
I bought a moonlight led for my tank thinking it would look cool with my elephant nose, but my pearl gourami hates it! He freezes as soon as its switched on & just doesn't move staring at the light he had me & my husband giggling, he would even try to turn away really slowly but his eyes were still fixed on the light, so I eventually took the light away its a shame as it became the highlight of the night!

LOL!! poor guy mustve been scared crapless

shellyx said:
What was worse my kids would come down the stairs & ask when I was switching it on!

Lol you should do it again and record it.

George9 said:
Lol you should do it again and record it.

My husband said to do that! I,ll switch it on after feeding & try & record it on my fone :)

When my wife walks up to my 55 gallon, my African featherfin comes up, puts his belly to the glass for her to tap on it with her nails. The green tiger barbs in my 37, will get into formation when she tells the "general" to get his troops in line.

This really is about my cat but when I moved my oranda to a different tank she sat by the old tank and meowed.

Back
Top Bottom