Fish Room!!! :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My only advice is to not get in over your head. For some people keeping a few tanks that you can focus on is what keeps the interest there. I set up 14 tanks and started losing interest. Now that I'm back down to 5, I'm enjoying them more again.

mfdrookie516 said:
My only advice is to not get in over your head. For some people keeping a few tanks that you can focus on is what keeps the interest there. I set up 14 tanks and started losing interest. Now that I'm back down to 5, I'm enjoying them more again.

I really have to agree I had about the same around 15 and I never seemed to be happy with them or my favorite tanks would get more attention now I have my 80, 40 breeder and 20 grow out and they are thriving and IMO look beautiful

But if you don't mind all the work then dive in and enjoy I just couldn't handle it all full time job plus my family

KonvictKeeper said:
First thing it's going to have is another QT tank, and a 55g.
Later on I'd like to do a large tank (75+). That would probably be it honestly. It's not a HUGE space.

Right on that's not out of control just a spot to keep all your tanks and gear do you plan on running individual filters or one big system for all tanks?

I feel like it would be easier to do one big one (Fluval FX5). But then again individual filters make it easier if a tank gets ich or something... I'm really thinking about doing a big air pump with sponge filters.

KonvictKeeper said:
I feel like it would be easier to do one big one (Fluval FX5). But then again individual filters make it easier if a tank gets ich or something... I'm really thinking about doing a big air pump with sponge filters.

That's what I was thinking I am just not familiar with them how do they work?

KonvictKeeper said:
The sponge filters? I don't really know. Some how it creates a suction. I have one on my 20g. It's all the filters the tank and its very clear.

Cool I guess I can read up on it

So I guess for water changes you can drain right into your floor drain which rocks how about a sink got one in the room or nearby?

KonvictKeeper said:
The sponge filters? I don't really know. Some how it creates a suction. I have one on my 20g. It's all that filters the tank and its very clear.
I would like to know how/if you could run a canister on multiple tanks.

It would be an interesting concept but like you said easy chance of spreading disease

I saw a old display system from walmart on craigslist about 2 weeks ago for ridiculously cheap. I think is said it was either 9 or 12 twenty gal tanks depending on how it was set up. That would have been cool for A fish room, but I'd want bigger than 20 gallons.

Actually I do have some questions! Should I run my two big tanks (75 or 90 and 55) on the Fluval FX5 or individual filters? What do you think would be best?
Also, would the Fluval, and an Emperor 400 be too much flow? I also have an Emperor 280. I could do the Emperor 400 and the Fluval on the 75/90 and the Fluval and Emp 280 on the 55.
One more. If I split up the intake and output with a PVC Y could I run both the tanks on the one filter?

Back
Top Bottom