Funniest things done by your fishy friends?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I swear my beta likes music. I was playing "crazy train" near the tank and he wouldn't leave the corner where the music was but when I took it away he started exploring the tank again. That guy has good taste. :D

Well, my cousin recently introduced a male molly to an all-female-molly tank, and tries to get their attention, but they always stick up their mouths and swim away like saying, "You're not good enough for me!"

Well, my cousin recently introduced a male molly to an all-female-molly tank, and tries to get their attention, but they always stick up their mouths and swim away like saying, "You're not good enough for me!"

LOL
my four mollie females do the same thing!, poor guy, :ROFLMAO:

Lol

In my 5gal I have such inqusitive guppy fry :)
I have a whole bunch of small snails(I think their pond snails), I was checking up on my littleones and found a snail floating in the middle of the tank and this air bubble was floating above him lol reminded me of that ballon movie, he would just float from one side to another, and at least one of my fry following. Most likely trying to figure out how the snail was floating. Eventually someone popped his bubble. Lol

Starka said:
Lol

In my 5gal I have such inqusitive guppy fry :)
I have a whole bunch of small snails(I think their pond snails), I was checking up on my littleones and found a snail floating in the middle of the tank and this air bubble was floating above him lol reminded me of that ballon movie, he would just float from one side to another, and at least one of my fry following. Most likely trying to figure out how the snail was floating. Eventually someone popped his bubble. Lol

Today I've found my Assassin Snail floating on the surface :lol: It turned out - he got caught in the air bubbles somehow and his "leg" was sticking outside the surface, and the poor thing was hanging upside down thrown by the current all over the place; I burst the bubble and he dropped down on the bottom. I could swear he was smiling in return...

I have a betta and 8 neons and 6-8 ghost shrimp in a tank.. I fed them some semi sinking pellets and everyone was munching. one of the ghost shrimp was collecting pellets and my betta decided that he wanted those pellets. so he started chairing the shrimp and the shrimp was "running" away as fast as he could.. finally he turned around, faced the betta, dropped the food.. and the shrimp stood there and watched the betta eat the 2 pellets he was holding. it was like face off that lead to a disappointing shameful surrender. Haha :)

senemedar said:
Today I've found my Assassin Snail floating on the surface :lol: It turned out - he got caught in the air bubbles somehow and his "leg" was sticking outside the surface, and the poor thing was hanging upside down thrown by the current all over the place; I burst the bubble and he dropped down on the bottom. I could swear he was smiling in return...

My ramshorns will occasionally just crawl across the surface of the water. It's pretty cool to watch.

i was replanting a ludwigia stem and while i was planting it, my peppered cory was near by and swam up and started nibbling at my fingers. pretty cool! :D

Have had many fish over the years so I'll just do some highlights of funny things they've done

Back when I had Oscars they always loved their ping pong ball, nothing on tv one night thought I'd give them their ball, as usual game on unfortunately I forgot to lower the water level. The monster plec in with them at the time decided to get in on the action, up flew the lid on the tank ping pong went flying!! Luckily it didn't break anything since it left with a great amount of speed.

Missy (chocolate cichlid) is always a character, once in a while she'll get a live feeder or 2, she's a big girl and speed isn't her friend so watching her be "stealthy" is always funny. Or if one gets away down into / or under something in the tank tends to push her buttons and the tank is redecorated. If she see's the "lil blue net" the fish dance is on, she can see most of the other tanks from hers so my bad I pick it up sometimes just to mess with her. One of the other things she does if I walk in the house with a small paper bag its usually her bi-weekly dozen crickets, she gets wound if that's possible for a fish and her tankmates head for cover.

All the fish know the turkey baster LOL I feed the defrosted frozen foods & decapsulated brine with it. But they know even the shy fish (there aren't many of them) are dancing and several of the old timers eat directly from it.

Mr Uaru likes to play eskimo kisses with my youngest from his tank, quite funny to watch. When there was a pair of angels in with him, they'd spawned and had free swimmers that he kept trying to steal, he'd literally work up the courage swim into them grab a mouthful go to the other end of the tank and try and get them to stay under him like uaru fry do. Didn't work well but he did try then the angels would gang up on him and take them back needless to say the pair moved out of his tank and he's babysitting some young fish.

My Oscar always swims in reverse and bashes into the other fish I swear I think she does it purposely. It's the funniest thing she would follow the convicts or Pleco around going backwards!

I seen my blue velvet damsel pick up a small piece of rubble in his mouth and drop it on a hermit scared him into his shell lol
he also floats down to the aquarium floor starts wafting his tail very fast and then takes off in a huge puff of sand. as it turn out he suits the name i gave him perfectly 'Typhoon' - this behavior has made me very curious as he's digging tunnels thru connecting LR pieces, has anyone else seen this? I just looked up it can be a form of nesting done by males

Have had many fish over the years so I'll just do some highlights of funny things they've done

Back when I had Oscars they always loved their ping pong ball, nothing on tv one night thought I'd give them their ball, as usual game on unfortunately I forgot to lower the water level. The monster plec in with them at the time decided to get in on the action, up flew the lid on the tank ping pong went flying!! Luckily it didn't break anything since it left with a great amount of speed.

Missy (chocolate cichlid) is always a character, once in a while she'll get a live feeder or 2, she's a big girl and speed isn't her friend so watching her be "stealthy" is always funny. Or if one gets away down into / or under something in the tank tends to push her buttons and the tank is redecorated. If she see's the "lil blue net" the fish dance is on, she can see most of the other tanks from hers so my bad I pick it up sometimes just to mess with her. One of the other things she does if I walk in the house with a small paper bag its usually her bi-weekly dozen crickets, she gets wound if that's possible for a fish and her tankmates head for cover.

All the fish know the turkey baster LOL I feed the defrosted frozen foods & decapsulated brine with it. But they know even the shy fish (there aren't many of them) are dancing and several of the old timers eat directly from it.

Mr Uaru likes to play eskimo kisses with my youngest from his tank, quite funny to watch. When there was a pair of angels in with him, they'd spawned and had free swimmers that he kept trying to steal, he'd literally work up the courage swim into them grab a mouthful go to the other end of the tank and try and get them to stay under him like uaru fry do. Didn't work well but he did try then the angels would gang up on him and take them back needless to say the pair moved out of his tank and he's babysitting some young fish.

a fishnapper lol,thats hilarious

First few months when I started out with Panda corys , I did the monthly moving around of the decorations, the smallest of the corys when the rest bolted off, just rolled over and I thought "Oh no, Ive scared him to death" , go to get the net to fish him out and he bolted off himself. Has happened to me the odd occasion, but always fit as a fiddle and I guess thats like his defence mechanism lol

warthog76za said:
First few months when I started out with Panda corys , I did the monthly moving around of the decorations, the smallest of the corys when the rest bolted off, just rolled over and I thought "Oh no, Ive scared him to death" , go to get the net to fish him out and he bolted off himself. Has happened to me the odd occasion, but always fit as a fiddle and I guess thats like his defence mechanism lol

Like those fainting goats, maybe its a fainting cory ;)

I fed my mixed assortment of fry (mollies, guppy, platy) frozen bloodworms for the first time. A guppy fry, only about 3 weeks old (so he's still tiny!), grabs the longest bloodworm and swims around with it sticking out of his mouth for nearly 10 minutes before he could eat it all. The molly fry were chasing him all over trying to get it but he managed to hold his own :p

Back
Top Bottom