Funniest things done by your fishy friends?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mozcheez said:
I fed my mixed assortment of fry (mollies, guppy, platy) frozen bloodworms for the first time. A guppy fry, only about 3 weeks old (so he's still tiny!), grabs the longest bloodworm and swims around with it sticking out of his mouth for nearly 10 minutes before he could eat it all. The molly fry were chasing him all over trying to get it but he managed to hold his own :p

Lol I remember when I had several mollies in my 55g I was feeding them worms somehow I forgot to cut one of the worms up and he had the whole worm and the mollies and tetras I had chased him around finally he realized it wasn't worth the effort and beatings and spit it out leaving several fish playing tug a war

My guppies do the same thing with bloodworms. Little bitty fish will grab the big ones and swim around unsure of what to do with their catch.

My betta has clear parts on his fins so whenever I look at him I'm like OMG he has fin rot! Then I realize he doesn't and he ends up getting extra food.

My crown tail betta Dante gave me a bit of a scare today. Went up to his completely covered tank and couldn't find him. He was chilling in the internal filter and gave me a dirty look when I poured him out of there.

Jinko said:
@rreekers
Lol gold fish are so cut do they have names?

they live in my sisters 55g tank... the telescope and black Moor use to be mine and they lived in my 30g.. I never named them.. but my sisters 15years old so I don't think it will be to long until they have names :)

i had this crazy catfish, not sure what kind. but when i turned on the light it darted around the tank, hit an apple snail. the snail went tumbling through the water, and hit the hood of my tank.

gman42 said:
i had this crazy catfish, not sure what kind. but when i turned on the light it darted around the tank, hit an apple snail. the snail went tumbling through the water, and hit the hood of my tank.

My common Pleco would do the same thing for the first 6 months that I had her then I put nemo my Oscar in with her and now they go everywhere together even when I turn on the light. B4 I had a male convict with nemo but con kept trying to mate with her after awhile it got creepy so I moved nemo.

My GW killi learned that our cories are good at finding leftover food. Now he'll follow them around and if they find something he'll lunge and take it from under the cories nose.

Haha, a little while ago I got 4 black neon tetras to hang out with my 10 normal ones, as well as a siamese algea eater. One of the black neons was much much larger than the others, so he and the sae decided to school with my penguin tetras, because they all had one large black line. Similar story when I was cleaning my tank one time, my oto cat tried to school mid-tank with the penguins. He tried for about 3 minutes until he tired out and stopped. Also, one morning I woke up to my new female betta in my breeder net hanging out with the fry, rather than eating them!

My guppies and mollies are all crazy all the time! Non-stop darting around trying to get me to feed them again, and again. Tonight I thought I would show them all a video of themselves, and all of them stopped darting and hovered around the screen of my phone watching! Very funny thing to see :)

Lycie said:
My guppies and mollies are all crazy all the time! Non-stop darting around trying to get me to feed them again, and again. Tonight I thought I would show them all a video of themselves, and all of them stopped darting and hovered around the screen of my phone watching! Very funny thing to see :)

cute :)

My Betta lives with a bunch of shrimp and he is used to all the attention for himself. If I walked up to the tank and don't acknowledge him and instead look towards the bottom for the shrimp, he gets very angry. He circle on top of the tank and then dive bombs for the shrimp that I am watching. I asked him all the time " are you really that attention deprived? " its kind of hilarious .. there is never any harm done to the shrimp so that's good at least

I've got a new one. One time one of my RCS was swimming, and when he reaching the tank glass, he kept trying to swim. He kept trying to swim through the glass for nearly ten seconds. Silly invertebrate!

The funniest thing I,ve seen in my tank, was when I came down one morning to find my cana Apple snail with its head stuck in the vegi clip which had cucumber on it it must have fell of the glass, she was just casually walking round the tank with my bulldog & bristle chasing the cucumber!

phoenixkiller said:
I've got a new one. One time one of my RCS was swimming, and when he reaching the tank glass, he kept trying to swim. He kept trying to swim through the glass for nearly ten seconds. Silly invertebrate!

Usually they can only move forward or backwards, so they have to aim slightly up to stay in the same spot. I have had some very social shrimp that swim up to the glass and greet me when it's feeding time.

My bristle nose spook sits by the air stone which sends bubbles through a ship and chases away any fish that come near the bubbles... He is like obsessed with it. Kinda reminds me of that one fish from finding nemo, forgot his name.

In my tank I have some DW which I drilled a hole into before putting it in the tank. For some reason my little female platy has claimed that as her home. She has begun picking out little rocks and pushes them into the little hole, she will search the tank until she finds the right one. She rests in it at night and chases any fish that comes near it. I've had males get territorial before but never my females. Through out the day she swims around the wood as if she's "guarding her spot"
Its funny watching her push the little rocks over to the DW

Yadhu said:
My bristle nose spook sits by the air stone which sends bubbles through a ship and chases away any fish that come near the bubbles... He is like obsessed with it. Kinda reminds me of that one fish from finding nemo, forgot his name.

Bubbles the yellow tang lol

Back
Top Bottom