Including your fish in your "will"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichlid Kid

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know this isn't the most upbeat question but i just happened to wonder recently what would happen to my fish if anything ever happened to me. I have a few species that could in fact outlive me like goldfish and plecos. My wife erupted at the mention of my thought and among other things said "your being selfish all you care about are those aquariums and pond" She knows that isn't true of course. My family will be taken care of when its my time to go but what about my fish? Noone in my family would or could pick up where i left off so some measures should be taken and plans made just in case right?
I'd really like to hear others thoughts on this. I value alot of your opinions. Do you think making preparations just in case is a good idea or selfish?

I work at a fish store and a lot of the times when people die, their families will sell us their fish and tanks. We got an empower angel that way.

I've made private arrangements with my brother to take my dogs, if anything should happen to me and my husband. Fish are another matter entirely, at least in my family.

I'm pretty sure what would happen is that the fish would all be given away on freecycle.org and the tanks sold. At that point, it's kinda out of my hands.

well,if i were a couple years older than 14,im sure id be making plans. but for now,i dont think i need to worry. i suggest leaving a note with ypur username and password that says to post a "free to good home add" on here

Cichlid Kid said:
I know this isn't the most upbeat question but i just happened to wonder recently what would happen to my fish if anything ever happened to me. I have a few species that could in fact outlive me like goldfish and plecos. My wife erupted at the mention of my thought and among other things said "your being selfish all you care about are those aquariums and pond" She knows that isn't true of course. My family will be taken care of when its my time to go but what about my fish? Noone in my family would or could pick up where i left off so some measures should be taken and plans made just in case right?
I'd really like to hear others thoughts on this. I value alot of your opinions. Do you think making preparations just in case is a good idea or selfish?

Since your names cichlid kid, I assume your a kid and don't need to worry about dying yet lol unless its not of natural causes

I would just tell my family not to fish the fish when I die. But there's really no way of controlling what happens to them

But I guess its always good to have a plan because innocent people are killed randomly everyday

But you can always come back and haunt the new owners of the fish Lol

George9 said:
Since your names cichlid kid, I assume your a kid and don't need to worry about dying yet lol unless its not of natural causes

I would just tell my family not to fish the fish when I die. But there's really no way of controlling what happens to them

But I guess its always good to have a plan because innocent people are killed randomly everyday

But you can always come back and haunt the new owners of the fish Lol

Buddy, he has a wife so i assume he isnt young like us ;) haha

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Buddy, he has a wife so i assume he isnt young like us ;) haha

Oh lol

The kid part in your name is misleading!! :p

I was wondering why a kid would start a thread asking this haha

Already have that arranged, my daughter will get the tanks and fish. And she knows I will come back and haunt her if she messes up taking care of them ! lol Good question and we all need to take care of business before something happens.

Back
Top Bottom