Most annoying things in fish keeping!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol would have to be some expensive fish, not that it would work unless radio or satilite tagged. Id be more worried about someone stealing my tv.

Ha ha :)

Knowing my luck, they would change the channel up every time they swam left or something ...

there should be some sort of exotic pet license for fish that you need to take a quick test for. five minutes of info for each newbie would save millions of fish

I think the peope working in lfs should have manditory training! They should be tested on content to mske sure they know atleast the basics of cyceling a tank. That way they could properly help someone thats new to the hobby.
At very least tell if you dont know its ok to tell the customer "I dont know." I would rather hear "I dont know" a thousand times instead of being told WRONG.

Being told all the equipment you have purchased is a waist of money because it shouldnt cost that much for a **** fish. Uuuuggghhh! I hear this alot. I have gotten to where I dont say nothing about new items to that person because it is always a lecture about unnecessary expenses and how I would have so much more money if I didnt put so much in my fish tanks...

Burning out a heater during a water change and having to explain why I have to run to my Lfs at 9:15 at night to get a new one!

Spending an extra 100$ on my RODI unit because i bought it from the lfs, then i looked on bulk reef supply and it was only $200! I tried to get a refund but it was to late. Also constantly being pecked by your puffer and mauled by your shrimp when you put your hand in the tank for 5 seconds!!!

I really get annoyed by people who say fish only grow to the size of their tank, believe in the inch per gallon rule, or think that bettas and goldfish can live happily in a bowl.

I really get annoyed by people who say fish only grow to the size of their tank, believe in the inch per gallon rule, or think that bettas and goldfish can live happily in a bowl.

+1 the manager at my petco has this in their 45g, it was setup 4 months ago...

Giant black volitan lion
Really small ich infested blue tang
3 yellow tangs
Long horned cowfish
Box fish
1 maroon clown
Porcupine puffer

The never ending urge to get another aquarium but your other aquariums are already burning a hole in your pockets!
Or there just isn't any room any more.
Merry Christmas!!

The never ending urge to get another aquarium but your other aquariums are already burning a hole in your pockets!
Or there just isn't any room any more.
Merry Christmas!!

agreed! right now I'm at the point, with my girlfriends' parents, that i can't get any more tanks. this to me means 3 new 55s and some more tanks to add to the abyss of empty tanks i have already. you have to love when people don't care if you get a bigger aquarium, as long as it is replacing a current tank.
or stuffing all the nano tanks in your room, that you can ;)

agreed! right now I'm at the point, with my girlfriends' parents, that i can't get any more tanks. this to me means 3 new 55s and some more tanks to add to the abyss of empty tanks i have already. you have to love when people don't care if you get a bigger aquarium, as long as it is replacing a current tank.
or stuffing all the nano tanks in your room, that you can ;)

I got my 20 gallon about 7 months ago.
And about 3.5 months ago I got my 60 gallon but not till I got on my knees and begged my parents because they don't want it to take up room.
So my hopes of a third tank is long gone until I get rid of my subwoofer in my room which I'm debating LOL.

I got my 20 gallon about 7 months ago.
And about 3.5 months ago I got my 60 gallon but not till I got on my knees and begged my parents because they don't want it to take up room.
So my hopes of a third tank is long gone until I get rid of my subwoofer in my room which I'm debating LOL.

I feel you, got my 20 long, then 4 months later my 37, and the 2 months later my 60 cube, and now im getting a 4g nano

Back
Top Bottom