Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-06-2003, 04:21 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via AIM to hisc1ay Send a message via Yahoo to hisc1ay
Mine is a danio I got maybe 3 years ago. Between 2.5 and 3 years. He just won't die. I've even put sick fish in with him cuz I had nowhere else to put them, and I didn't want their tankmates to get sick. He's the Highlander I think.

Old 02-09-2003, 09:33 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to troutman11111
i had an freshwater oscar for 10 yrs, got him at 1inch. it grew 1in per year. 10in when he died only because of a bad batch of feeder goldfish. store said feed live at your own risk. yellow tail damsel 6yrs in my 30 gal, the rock in reef crushed him when i was screwing around with the rock trying to get a serpent starfish out of my tank.

75gal oceanic with 20 gal refugium, 750g.p.h.pump for HSA-250 skimmer, EHEIM-1250 PUMP FOR 200gph mincal. calcium reactor with 20lb co2 tank and co2 regulator with solenoid, 800G.P.H. overflow box pump and filter, aquaclearl 500 power filter for circulation and carbon use only,wave maker 900, 3x300g.p.h., pinpoint ph controller, delta star 1/3hp chiller.with 600g.p.h. pump, spectrapure automatic liquid level controller for the addition of ro.di.top off water, kent marine 4 stage delux maxxima 35g.p.d. hi-s, t.d.s. monitor, flush kit, 170lbs live rock, 5in sand bed, acropora's LG green,pink, and med purple, LG montipora encrusting purple, LG porities coral yellow, LG ruffled ridge coral, LG starburst coral green, green hairy mushrooms 100+, blue mushrooms, red mush, fluorescent green mush,green striped mush, bubble coral, LG finger leather and 2in baby, green ricordia mush, in refugium halimeda plant, caulerpa, and lot's of bug's. 1 purple tang, male and female percular clown's, 1 yellow wrasse
Old 02-09-2003, 11:34 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist
Send a message via Yahoo to aimeovaldi
I have a breeder pair of Japanese Koi, they were 3 years old when I got them about 3 years ago. They are red and white and about 14 - 17" in length. They are beautiful. They spawn several times a year.
Anthony Eovaldi
Old 07-28-2003, 07:59 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak
I have had my gold fish for almost 18 months now. I must consider myself specially lucky. First there were two goldfish in a 1G bowl with water change twice a week. Then they went to a 5G and then to a 10G. Later two more were added and a few months ago, they all moved to a 20G long.

I had a very favorite Danio that died yesterday. I had him for a year or so. Thought he will live longer but he endedup with Dropsy. Hope this thread continues.

Old 07-28-2003, 09:37 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to shawmutt
I finally looked through all my old reciepts to find out exactly how long my current fish have been in there, and I found that I bought the first set of cardinals last December. So about 8 months. I guess that's pretty good for cardinals, I must be doing something right .
~Mike Shaw
Shawmutt.com. Blogs and Pictures of the Massively Multiplayer Offline game, Real Life.
Old 08-05-2003, 07:41 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via ICQ to Terry Send a message via MSN to Terry
Where shall i start, i suppose the oldest fish that i have kept was my plecostamus which i was given at 2" long in 1982, he died last year at the grand old age of 21. He was 19inches long when he died.
Next was my trio of Arius seemani ( Shark cats )They were brought from my local aquarium shop in 1995 and they are now swimming in the London Aquarium, mainly because the out grew my 6x2x2 tank that i was keeping them in. The biggest one of the trio was 20inces long and the other two were close behind.
I also had a group of Albino Corydorus which were brought in 1994 and the last one of them died in january this year, which made him 9yrs old.[/b]

" There is to much information in this hobby to learn in one lifetime "
But with the help of Aquarium Advice we can
have a good try.
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com