Pigeons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sara

Aquarium Advice Freak
While everyone's posting about their pests (ants and ladybugs, so far), I thought I'd add my questions to the mix. I live in a downtown apartment w/ a balcony, and always have pigeons come and go off my balcony. It doesn't bother me too much (except for the occasion droppings sweep I need to do), and I usually just write it off as one of the negatives of downtown living...until now...

I looked out my window today and discovered not only a nest in the corner of my balcony, but three newly hatched baby pigeons. Cute...but, really there's only so much pigeon poop that I care to deal with (both windows in my apartment open on to the balcony and I'd rather not continue to breath in droppings dust if I can help it).

So...now what? I was planning on just buying one of those plastic owls in the summer, but now it looks like I've got permanent residents. Any suggestions on how to keep both baby and mommy birds off my balcony would be greatly appreciated!

LOL...use pinwheels. Yes, pinwheels. Those great little toys we used when we were kids are great for repelling pigeons and other birds. Most Home Improvement stores sell them (large sizes too).

You know what, pigeons are dilicious. You could catch the parents and prepare them. :lol:

Well, that's just belgian culture though.......as is eating bunnies. :lol:

But hey, Chinese eat dogs. :|

Well, I hope you don't remove the youngs :? Maybe you could get a cardboard box or something and put the nest in, and put it in the place on your balcony where it disturbs you the least?

I was fishing once in our local lakes, when I casted off, my rod just stopped and the line just ran, I looked up and saw this pigeon on the end on my line, I was like WTF.. i tryed to pull it in and get the hook out, eventualy i got it down and got the hook out of it's leg, no harm done, just a little cut, he flew off nicely and well, maybe you could try fishing for pigeons :) Crule I know, but the time I did it was a complete accident and never ment to :( I feel ashamed now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom