POLL:::Following the 1" of fish per 5 gallon rule?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you follow the 1" per 5 gallon rule?

• YES, I have less than 1" per 5 gallon, but I mainly keep things other than fish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YES, I have 1" per 5 gallon

• NO, I have 1.5" per 5 gallon

• NO, I have 2" per 5 gallon

• NO, I have 2.5" per 5 gallon

• NO, I have 3" per 5 gallon

• NO, I have 3+" per 5 gallon

• Total voters

cougaran

Aquarium Advice Activist
Do you follow the 1" of fish per 5 gallon rule? Include ALL the fish that you have at the moment into the equation NOT their future adult size. If you have more than one tank then use your largest tank that mainly has fish in it. Thanks.

I have much less than 1" per 5 gallons at the moment, but when my fish start to grow I will be right at the mark, if not a little bit over.

yeah I'm well under that mark... Even with my new angels fully grown I should still be under that.

Well 11 votes so far, need a few more...PLEASE... it looks like there are a few people so far that are doing 3"+ for their tanks. I'm kinda curious what their setups are.

Ok so i replied again to get more votes on the poll. I thought this might be a good poll for everyone who has fish out there and want to see if that extra fish is possible or someone starting out and wants to get an idea of just how many fish is possible. Thanks to everyone who have taken the time and voted. I've sent kudos to those who replied. Thanks again.

2 false percs
1 royal gramma
1 6-line wrasse

tank size 40gallons

So yeah, I'm under 1" per 5gallons.

I have a:

2 yellow tail damsels 1" each
1 yellow watchman 1"
1 Royal Gramma 2"
1 Percula clown 2.5"
1 mandarin 1"
1 Yellow Tank 3.5"

12" would be 60 gal. I probabaly have that much water in my 75 :)

BTW, I have about 60+ more gal in my sump and frag tank. Should I get more fish :)

I'd be interested in seeing how many adult fish inches people are carrying. I don't calculate how big they are now, I always look at adult sizes. I have far fewer inches today than I have when the grow to be adults. If I had 3" of fish per 5g now... that's would be a boat load of fishies when they all grow up!

Interesting poll.

I have two damsels and a Carpenter wrasse in my 32 gallon hex. Should be well within the 3" per 5 gallon rule (even if they get to their potential size). I am also doing inverts and various corals so I want a clean tank.

Back
Top Bottom