Stocking!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Davewint

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have

1 golden panchax
2 golden sevrums
2 orange mollies
1 khuli loach
3 penguin tetras
1 male fighter
3 female fighter

Is this too much for my 75 litre? My water is perfect and I do 30% water change every sunday

Your tank is very poorly stocked. For example:

Kuhlis require groups, as do tetras. So your fish are not in proper schools.

Bettas are not community fish and females can't be kept with males. A single female is only introduced to a male betta in their own tank when they are ready to spawn.

May I ask if you've done any research on the species you have?

Your tank is also too small to have all these fish, when in proper numbers.

Davewint said:
Have

1 golden panchax
2 golden sevrums
2 orange mollies
1 khuli loach
3 penguin tetras
1 male fighter
3 female fighter

Is this too much for my 75 litre? My water is perfect and I do 30% water change every sunday

Yes that is too much!
Fish you should get rid of:
2 golden Serverum
Either the 1 male fighter or the 3 female fighters.
The mollies are iffy... As are the penguin tetras which should be kept in groups of 6+.

The only fish that I see that are ok in there are the the panchaz and the khuli loach if you get at least 2 more. The mollies would be okay if you have good filtration, and the penguin tetras if you add 3+ more.

im sorry we have to be so harsh. but the severums reach like 15inches plus i think? the fighters are aggressive and will kill or be killed quickly. the tetras/ loaches need shoals.
the 75 litre is a 15 gal if im correct? so mollies would be ideal, and / or a shoal of ur choice.
its ok, we've all overstocked at some point. i always go to a lfs and my heart wants ALL of them! ask the store if u can return some and ask members what they think of a new stocklist x good luck x

Back
Top Bottom