Stop betta abuse !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just picked out my betta. He is a blue and red double tail I think they called it. He is very pretty

He's pretty shy right now. He looks like he's tryin to hide in the plants. So I'm leaving the lights on blue and letting him rest. Pic tomorrow hopefully

Awww. :)
Yeah let him rest.

Mines exploring and being adorable.

His floating log keeps drifting away from him :(

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412303148.593620.jpg

Here's my little guy, Hermey.

He's in a 5.5 heated and filtered tank.

Great thread, I always have to interject when I'm at a pet store and see someone buying a betta and one of those tiny .5 gallon plastic cubes or a little vase. Unfortunately they usually just nod in agreement then purchase it anyways.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

For him to swim in and out of! He loves it a lot! He's our little log fish :) Also I try to feed him in it :). Lately it's been floating away towards his filter though which is annoying :(

View attachment 251661

Here's my little guy, Hermey.

He's in a 5.5 heated and filtered tank.

Great thread, I always have to interject when I'm at a pet store and see someone buying a betta and one of those tiny .5 gallon plastic cubes or a little vase. Unfortunately they usually just nod in agreement then purchase it anyways.

Beautiful boy!!! He has a great home with a great person :)

I'm glad you try anyway. :)

Today went to lfs to get a couple things. Saw a 1/4g (maybe it was a 1/2g but that's not much better) cube there for Bettas for the first time (that I've noticed anyway) and a tiny globe type thing in a stand for Bettas. Made me mad. They have a betta or two at the checkout desk in a vase w a plant on top too :/. They look healthy but I sure hope they change water in there daily...

If I had the money, time and the space, I'd want some more Bettas. But I have my boy and I love him :)

Welp I forgot to do a small update but I was able to get my betta a heated n filtered 5.5 gallon tank a long time a go phew... i still feel bad for keeping it in a 0.5 gallon though

Welp I forgot to do a small update but I was able to get my betta a heated n filtered 5.5 gallon tank a long time a go phew... i still feel bad for keeping it in a 0.5 gallon though

That's fantastic!! I'm so glad you were able to so that for your fish. It's ok, you've given him a wonderful home now. :).

And now you know that that small size is not good for a betta :)

Just upgraded my Betta's tank to a 10 gallon

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You're welcome :)

That's awesome! :D

Keep an eye on him. Our female betta was snacking on our Pygmy catfish :(. We lost 3. So she needs to go in a different tank. :(

You're welcome :)

That's awesome! :D

Keep an eye on him. Our female betta was snacking on our Pygmy catfish :(. We lost 3. So she needs to go in a different tank. :(

That's crazy! I had mine with ghost shrimp in the 3.7 and he didn't touch them!

Yeah :(. At first we thought she bit them after death. Maybe they were weak and didn't make it. Yesterday we found one with no tail and alive. So we knew it was her :(. He passed today :(

We've lost three :(

Glad he left your shrimp alone :)

Yikes! Glad you caught her before they all died though :(

Unfortunately, one of my bettas died recently, and another female died about a month ago. My remaining betta is now acting differently, as if he's depressed. He has a bubblenest with about a two inch diameter and even after water changes he rebuilds the whole thing overnight. He just sits under it all day except when I come over, and even then he sometimes doesn't come out. Does he need company? I care for him a lot and he's just a great fish, I hate to see him in distress.

Here is a pic of him:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416711470.935553.jpg

Back
Top Bottom