Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 08-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #81
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
emerald76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote
I thought the koi tank was very nice.
50 koi in 10,000 gallons? it looked nice though
I wonder what happens when all 100 koi end up in the lower pond from jumping
__________________

__________________
It's not a dumb question if you ask it.
Too many tanks? GASP! How could that be?
emerald76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:23 PM   #82
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Uncle Dirty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 297
I'm watching the koi pond episode and noticed that the trivia question is sponsored by walmart. Like walmart knows anything about fish keeping!
__________________

__________________
"Gold is where you find it"
Uncle Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #83
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Maxkolbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Peoria, Illinois
Posts: 747
The thing that made me mad was Tracy Morgan's statement that he would have a few years before he had to give them to an aquarium? I mean, does it ever come across their minds that maybe they shouldn't be buying fish that they can't keep long term? And then every single "problem" they have is so obviously scripted and unoriginal. There's always floating decor or a leaky pipe and it always gets fixed within ten minutes. I watch the show with my family and usually get dirty looks since I basically spend the show criticizing everything they do wrong.

I did like the Petco tank though. That was pretty impressive.
__________________
Maxkolbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #84
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
hpiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetajockey View Post
It's so obviously scripted (and poorly at that), I watched about 10 minutes of it before I got bored. I don't think they could make installing a tank setup any more 'dramatic'.
Bingo!

The same people that think this Tanked show is realistic must also believe those Storage Wars and Repo shows are all real and not scripted either. Don't even get me started on how fake those are......

With Tanked we get a view of how the 1% live and how they have it so "rough" when wanting a luxury item installed. Man, the other 99% of us wish we had such hard times.
__________________
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #85
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
CorallineAlgae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy

Bingo!

The same people that think this Tanked show is realistic must also believe those Storage Wars and Repo shows are all real and not scripted either. Don't even get me started on how fake those are......

With Tanked we get a view of how the 1% live and how they have it so "rough" when wanting a luxury item installed. Man, the other 99% of us wish we had such hard times.
Yes the show is scripted. Blame the producers not the tanked guys. Their show is a job just like building tanks is a job.

Some of those 1% customers have very stressful and dangerous jobs. Car crashes and debilitating sports injuries are a real threat. Even just living with the fear of having them can be called hard times, not to mention the pressure. Even actors can't go out or eat out without constant interruption or a disguise. It's no wonder some of them want a nice fish tank to relax in front of at home. *sigh* Always easier to criticize than to understand.
__________________
CorallineAlgae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:44 PM   #86
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Steve silbernagel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ft Myers FL
Posts: 393
I agree with that one
__________________
Steve silbernagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:08 PM   #87
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
hpiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorallineAlgae View Post
Yes the show is scripted. Blame the producers not the tanked guys. Their show is a job just like building tanks is a job.

Some of those 1% customers have very stressful and dangerous jobs. Car crashes and debilitating sports injuries are a real threat. Even just living with the fear of having them can be called hard times, not to mention the pressure. Even actors can't go out or eat out without constant interruption or a disguise. It's no wonder some of them want a nice fish tank to relax in front of at home. *sigh* Always easier to criticize than to understand.
Sweet! Let's take a joke and turn it into a social argument.

It wasn't meant to me taken that way. I apologize if it personally upset you that much.
__________________
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #88
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Uncle Dirty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 297
Oh those poor people that wanted fame, got millions and now want to left alone.
__________________
"Gold is where you find it"
Uncle Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:40 PM   #89
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
bloodlucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 900
You can't expect much when the customers don't even know whether their tank is saltwater or freshwater

Still a great show to watch
__________________
bloodlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:46 PM   #90
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
bloodlucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratj1

Tanked did a full reef episode it was the feng shui tank, it was probably my fav episode, it was an awesome tank.
I loved that episode but the Chinese family didn't seem to know anything so I'm afraid how the tank is doing now...
__________________

__________________
bloodlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.