Tanked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There will be more fish tank shows popping up soon. Some probably will be ridiculously dumb. It's just like the towing and storage shows.

Some of the tanks they build are really nice. I would love the have that feng shui tank!

But half of them I dont agree with. The Fridge tank, the bubblegum tank, I thought the sick little boys tank was really special.

But heres my question, some of these tanks are so far out there. I always wonder... how do they feed the fish! or clean them

I watch it to see some of the fish when they go shopping for them. That store would be like heaven heheh

but no one has said the real reason to watch that show.. Agnes is hooooooooot lol =P

Unfortunately, a real show about building reefs would bore most people to death. We would all love it, but then we are addicts. Producers have to drive the caricatures on these shows to get a broad audience. A theme fish tank is like a theme motorcycle on American Choppers. It is a statement first, a motorcycle last usually.

But they do seem to be masters of acrylic. I would be tickled speechless to have them build me one of their bow ended 1000 gallon beauties.

Gregcoyote said:
Unfortunately, a real show about building reefs would bore most people to death. We would all love it, but then we are addicts. Producers have to drive the caricatures on these shows to get a broad audience. A theme fish tank is like a theme motorcycle on American Choppers. It is a statement first, a motorcycle last usually.

But they do seem to be masters of acrylic. I would be tickled speechless to have them build me one of their bow ended 1000 gallon beauties.

Oh yes, they can build/plumb the tanks, I will give them that.

just watched the NPH episode of tanked , the hudini tank was kinda cool but the tank the made for the little kid ticked me off , they made him a eight gallon tank and put two rainbow sharks and two albino rainbows , thats just a recipe for failure , i feel bad for the little kid all his fish are gonna kill each other

Last edited by a moderator:
xwesx1978 said:
just watched the NPH episode of tanked , the hudini tank was kinda cool but the tank the made for the little kid ticked me off , they made him a eight gallon tank and put two rainbow sharks and two albino rainbows , thats just a recipe for failure , i feel bad for the little kid all his fish are gonna kill each other

It does seem to be getting worse with the popularity of the show growing.... We should start calling them and demand they only stock tanks accordingly or atleast close lol .. heck the sharks would need a tank ATLEAST 1000% bigger : /

Last edited by a moderator:
The theme tanks get old quick to someone who sees a tank and it's system as nothing more than a life support system for the creatures you want to make a home for. If I could make the tank and system invisible, I would. The little tv tank was something pretty dime store. The kid would have been better served by a real tank and some fish that were chosen properly. If all the kid is interested in is sharks and other predators, he needs some experience and a lot more tank. Watching his fish die is a sure bet he might never own a tank again.

seems like it kinda ruins the whole aspects of fish keeping, based on what I read. trying to keep fishes alive isnt a hobby is it? its true though, you want your fishes alive and healthy as can be, but there's more to it than just that.

There will be more fish tank shows popping up soon. Some probably will be ridiculously dumb. It's just like the towing and storage shows.

Just the mention of those towing and storage shows gets me all angry. You have to be a few bricks short of an outhouse to believe anything on those is real.

My favorite tank is the reef tank they built. Only problem was they added a goniopora flowerpot coral. Those things need to have every polyp feed almost every day.

I noticed that every time they show the guys talking the tank in the background is a video. If you watch you will see the look down fish coming from the left to the right.

They are just keyed over a video background they shot elsewhere. Pretty standard stuff. Use to do this work. They have pretty good production standards. You have to cut them some slack as the producers have to "juice" the show up to gain an acceptable audience count. I just wish they would be more realistic and show some concern for the long term care of the fish they dump into their gorgeous tanks.

Gregcoyote said:
They are just keyed over a video background they shot elsewhere. Pretty standard stuff. Use to do this work. They have pretty good production standards. You have to cut them some slack as the producers have to "juice" the show up to gain an acceptable audience count. I just wish they would be more realistic and show some concern for the long term care of the fish they dump into their gorgeous tanks.

After watching the on the road episode Ive found a new respect for them.. that is because I no longer consider them to be "aquarists" but more like fabricators which in that perspective they do amazing work so if your willing to shell out $10k plus for the beauts they build then you better have read a book or two on fish keeping. Up until that episode though I was almost disgusted by the show....

Back
Top Bottom