'Tanked' tv show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Eh, they use fake corals which I don't like. And it appears they add the fish right away but they say the "natural seawater and bacteria help the cycle" which the seawater won't do much of anything...and idk about the bacteria.

And they made Tracy Morgan a shark tank which was cool, but they stocked it with black tip reef sharks, which get like 7ft. Which was Wayyyy too big for his tank.

Love the show. All the arguing gets a little annoying to me... I don't care for wade's wife all that much... She gets on my nerves for some reason. Some of the tanks they do are nothing short of amazing!

Fish tank kings is pretty good they are the other guys who build monster tanks they got one guy Francis that goes in depth with fish so it's good

This has been discussed on a few different threads before. I am just going to add that the guys from Tanked have zero say in how the show is edited. So, a lot of the edited and presentation is done by people who do not know about fish tanks. The guys in charge of the company have said that waaayyyy more goes on that the viewer is unaware of. Also, the tanks are not always left with the stock that is shown in them. Some of that is just for production. So, I have enjoyed the show just fine, but keep in mind that the producers are making entertainment, not a fish tank documentary. So, don't blame the ATM guys too much for it. They actually seem to run to very good business judging from what I have researched independently from that show.
I agree with absolutange. At the end of the day, it's a TV show, for entertainment purposes. Although WE would like better fish practices, the ordinary person doesn't care much for that. There's more acting and staging rather than reality. A bit like other shows like Mami Ink, LA ink, which are over dubbed, to make it seem like the actors/characters argue a lot. Still like it though!!!

I agree with absolutange. At the end of the day, it's a TV show, for entertainment purposes. Although WE would like better fish practices, the ordinary person doesn't care much for that. There's more acting and staging rather than reality. A bit like other shows like Mami Ink, LA ink, which are over dubbed, to make it seem like the actors/characters argue a lot. Still like it though!!!

See, it's the acting and staging that really drive me up the wall. I guess producers feel the need to make everyone fit with the idea that anyone with a tv show should have this big, over the top personality. The fake drama kills me. I can't stand "reality" tv. A little off-topic, but I've waited on some of the "stars" of Swamp People and Ice Road Truckers. Really nice people. But I wouldn't have recognized them had someone not pointed it out to me.

That's the problem, reality TV isn't really reality anymore. I remember when MTV was a music channel...haha. The networks just label these shows as reality because what else can you call them!!!

I've always enjoyed the show, it's really the reason I started a fish tank. I had many of them over the years but after watching I really missed having fish. They do a lot of editing so of course we don't see anything, there is only so much they can fit into an hour episode. I'll agree the drama and antics get a little annoying but it's all done for the show.

Also it brings in a lot of new people to the hobby, although if they follow the advice on the show they would be miss informed. Although I have noticed that in the newer ones they are not mentioning cycling and a few other things.

I can't even imagine how much those tanks cost! I loved the one they did that was like a headboard so could lay in bed and watch the fish swimming over you. So cool. I also saw them make an 8 gallon tank out of a tv and they put 3 rainbow sharks and several bala shark in there too, plus some guppies and I was like woah slow down. 8 gallons? Way too small for those fish, am I right?

I saw that one too, but I'm hopeful that they told the kid that they will outgrow that tank eventually. Maybe they will take the outgrown fish off his hands and find them a new home.

the tanks they build are cool, the fake coral sucks. The way they treat the fish is horrible, anybody that is in to slatwater knows the day you add water you don't add 100 fish. From what i have read on another forum from some guys that have worked with them a lot of the fish are dead within a week

By the way, what season is "Tanked" on in the US??

season 4 is on air right now on Friday at 9pm at animal planet:). Love the tanks they build but not the custom corals. I wonder how much they quote for each build and installation and what-nots.

season 4 is on air right now on Friday at 9pm at animal planet:). Love the tanks they build but not the custom corals. I wonder how much they quote for each build and installation and what-nots.
Cheers. Season 2 just started last Wed here. The episode with the fridge-tank was on last night. I do love this show but just for entertainment not for anything factual. I would say they charge thousands. I would say the tanks featured get a massive discount. They're just building their name with the show, so they can charge Joe blog even more!!!

Cheers. Season 2 just started last Wed here. The episode with the fridge-tank was on last night. I do love this show but just for entertainment not for anything factual. I would say they charge thousands. I would say the tanks featured get a massive discount. They're just building their name with the show, so they can charge Joe blog even more!!!

I'm not sure about the "thousands" because some other installations actually require forklifts, large manpower, and the attendance of major members such as Redneck, not to mention the cost of design, material, truck rental and airfares. i wouldn't be surprised if the final number comes close to tens of thousands if not hundred thousand range.

I'm not sure about the "thousands" because some other installations actually require forklifts, large manpower, and the attendance of major members such as Redneck, not to mention the cost of design, material, truck rental and airfares. i wouldn't be surprised if the final number comes close to tens of thousands if not hundred thousand range.

I wouldn't be either. I was watching the one yesterday where the guy wanted to have a stingray tank installed and he proposed to his girlfriend using a clamshell in the bottom of the tank that opened and had the ring in it. I remember they had to fly out to California I think it was to select the fish for that tank and had to have the fish flown back to Vegas the next day. I can imagine that was pricey.

I wouldn't be either. I was watching the one yesterday where the guy wanted to have a stingray tank installed and he proposed to his girlfriend using a clamshell in the bottom of the tank that opened and had the ring in it. I remember they had to fly out to California I think it was to select the fish for that tank and had to have the fish flown back to Vegas the next day. I can imagine that was pricey.
I meant thousands for their 30g's!!!. I would say the production company picks up a chunk of the cost. I know on Mami/LA Ink, you don't have to pay if your featured in the show....

Back
Top Bottom