The bane of your fishkeeping existance!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
butterfly_koi said:
I don't think that there is anything that I "hate" about fishkeeping. There are times where things can get irritating but some of the downfalls have helped me improve as a fish keeper, I don't really view them as a hatred but more of a stepping stone in the learning experience. I love everything about my tanks, the research, the aquascaping, the PWC's, even testing my water, I don't mind any of it :)
Money is and always will be an issue with the hobby but I make due with what I have and have hopes of a deal coming my way in time. All good things come to those who wait, you just have to be patient.

^^This is how I feel.

I'd have to say the thing that saddens me most is bettas in tiny little bowls. :(

The most aggravating thing to me right now is my 5 gal fluval chi sitting on my end table waiting for saltwater, live rock and an awesome LED light. It's been sitting there waiting to be turned into a pico reef. But alas, there's always something and right now it's school shopping or the kids.

Is it weird that so far I'm loving water changes? Of course I have learned my lesson with too tall tanks and will never buy one over 20 inches again. I'll just have it custom made or something. :D

After reading these posts it seems like there are tons of people my age on here. Now we all just need to congregate in one spot. Or maybe start a group home? :lightbulb: that would be so cool.

I don't like having to filter myself to avoid defaulting to talking about fish (although it might end up working wonders for my social awkwardness once school starts up. :hopeful: ).

I also don't like my... I don't know the word. But basically I'm never satisfied with my decorations/stocking/equipment. I move things all the time, I'm actually worried it stresses my fish out. Maybe the word is ambition? Perfectionist tendencies?

On a more positive note, I LOVE plants.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Aw thats sad :( will your sleeper goby fit in that tank?????

LOL!! No it won't! Its going to be my pico reef. I don't think I can put any fish in that tiny tank. Maybe a neon blue goby. Its going to be a tank to satisfy my saltwater desire until I change my 55 to salt. My sleeper goby will be able to go in the 55. Lol! But I'll first have to get a 40 gal tank to move my freshwater stock into. More money... Lol!

heyheyitsrae said:
I also don't like my... I don't know the word. But basically I'm never satisfied with my decorations/stocking/equipment. I move things all the time, I'm actually worried it stresses my fish out. Maybe the word is ambition? Perfectionist tendencies?

I have this as well, I call it and blame it on my O.C.D
Optimistic Change .of. Decor

I am always finding new and better ways to change things around, hoping each time will be better than the last lol

butterfly_koi said:
I have this as well, I call it and blame it on my O.C.D
Optimistic Change .of. Decor

I am always finding new and better ways to change things around, hoping each time will be better than the last lol

Omg me too. Finally someone else has this problem. I literally can't go a week without buying something, adding something new, or rearranging.

Pckerfreak44 said:
Omg me too. Finally someone else has this problem. I literally can't go a week without buying something, adding something new, or rearranging.

I believe this is what's known in the aquarium hobby as being an aquarist. Lol. this is prolly most people in the hobby that stick with it and go past the simple 10g and 6 goldfish tank level.

Bearchumjs said:
^^This is how I feel.

I'd have to say the thing that saddens me most is bettas in tiny little bowls. :(

The most aggravating thing to me right now is my 5 gal fluval chi sitting on my end table waiting for saltwater, live rock and an awesome LED light. It's been sitting there waiting to be turned into a pico reef. But alas, there's always something and right now it's school shopping or the kids.

Yeah kids, they are expensive lol. That's why having pets is better, they don't complain and give us unconditional love.

Making trip after trip to the same lfs because you are just itching to look, even if you don't need to buy anything.

Brandon K.A said:
Making trip after trip to the same lfs because you are just itching to look, even if you don't need to buy anything.

This is why I don't go near bass pro shops or cabelas.

Back
Top Bottom