what animals do you have besides fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. :) I do know that they tend to not re-home well sometimes. I know lots of parrots tend to pick one gender or another as a preference, so I figured it would be easiet to make sure I found one that likes women. Thanks for the advice though! I will make sure I have lots of bandages if I am ever able to get one. But, I want to a bit more large bird experience before I try adopting one. Lots of bird adoption agencies won't let you adopt one without previous parrot experience. Thats probably a good idea on their part.

If you ever do get one, absolutangel, I found that if you adopt an attitude that you will definitely get bitten, but also, will definitely not die from the bites, you can withstand the initial interactions with the bird. I've had numerous cockatiels (their bites are relatively nothing) that I've hand-fed, and 2 amazons, one of which was hand fed, and it worked like a charm, to take the attitude that I would get bit, but that it wouldn't kill me. And for some reason the parrot bites never seemed to bleed too much, even when it broke the skin. Now, the larger parrots like McCaws and Cockatoos, may be more troublesome to be bitten by. You'd have to talk to someone used to taming or training one of them.

But I definitely recommend that you try your hand (no pun intended) at raising one. You could start by adopting a pair of cockatiels. That gives you the experience and a bit of wisdom in handling such birds. And they are very lovable birds, as well.

Other pets

I know someone probably already did this one I'm just curious to see what other pets people have besides fish

Wow 5 horses I'm super jealous.. even though I'm afraid of most farm animals lol I have a rottweiler a chinese water dragon and a chilean rose tarantula

Yea, there have been a few threads on this subject. Oh well!

Other than my fish, I have a crested gecko and I inherited my boyfriend's bearded dragon due to his move.

This is Caesar. I need some pictures of Agatha (the dragon).

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Yea, there have been a few threads on this subject. Oh well!

Other than my fish, I have a crested gecko and I inherited my boyfriend's bearded dragon due to his move.

This is Caesar. I need some pictures of Agatha (the dragon).

I really really want a beardie.. But I'm kind scared to get more heros right now.. at one point I had a basilisk a pacman frog an iguana and two green frogs.. But a power outage killed them..

Hholly said:
My baby girls, they're 5 years old now.

The new girl, she protects us. :)

Love your dogs I had a female doberman rottweiler mix she lived about 15 years

Convict2161 said:
This is Sable

And here's my buddy Emo. After only 1 year old he was killed by a loose Pit near my house. Spent over 8,500 to try and save his life. Emo is no longer here but I have his collar and name tags on my key chain. :(

Wow now that story is sad sorry for your loss he looks so cool.. What breed is he?

Convict2161 said:
This is Sable

And here's my buddy Emo. After only 1 year old he was killed by a loose Pit near my house. Spent over 8,500 to try and save his life. Emo is no longer here but I have his collar and name tags on my key chain. :(

So sorry about your loss. :(

Animal989 said:
Love your dogs I had a female doberman rottweiler mix she lived about 15 years

Thanks. Does mine look like a mix? I was told she's full Doberman but she's a rescue, so not sure.

ryan-peddle said:
I Got
2 water dragons
Sudan plated lizard
7.5' columbian red tail boa
Day gecko
Leopard gecko
2 degus
2 ferrets
1 boxer
1 beagle
1 chitzu/lasa apso mix
1 white shepherd
1 Bernese mountain dog
2 cats
2 hamsters
And of course all my fish

Yeah I love animals and my house is not that big so we walk around with brooms taped to us lol thank god we have a lot of land

Burmese mountain dog is my dream dog besides a persa canario

Hholly said:
Thanks. Does mine look like a mix? I was told she's full Doberman but she's a rescue, so not sure.

No yours looks pure bred.. Especially if the eats are docked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom