what animals do you have besides fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Corn Snake in a 20 gal. a rose hair tarantula in a 10 gal. and a leopard gecko in a 10 gal.

Our more recent additions, left to right: sun conure, jenday conure, sun conure. 2 boys and a girl. Mightve posted them already but I finally have a pic with them all together.
img_1603868_0_53af5766f0f104b0c10dcaf8690f7698.jpg

We have a 50Gal Salt water tank,a 150Gal fresh water tank, 2 dachund's(one all black named Tootsie and one a cinnamon color named Wrinkles),a shephard/collie mix dog names Mollie,poodle/schuzer mix dog names Chance, a tiger cat named Elmo and another cat that is gray&white named Diego.Its def alot of work but worth it:~)

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 81
Thanks, I've always wanted some ever since I saw them in petsmart, ended up finding the three and got them for next to nothing because they needed a good permanent home. They are around 10+ years old.
Thats awesome. I am looking into adopting a parrot of some sort, preferably a smaller one, but I live in a small town, so availability is limited.

absolutangel04 said:
Thats awesome. I am looking into adopting a parrot of some sort, preferably a smaller one, but I live in a small town, so availability is limited.

Look for a bird adoption agency in Canada it's terrible stats say 4 birds to every human here in Canada and most are neglected after the novelty wears off most people don't know they are pretty much life time pets so here in Canada there is hundreds of private bird adoption places most do follow ups to make sure your not breeding because soooo many need homes but you can understand why

Look for a bird adoption agency in Canada it's terrible stats say 4 birds to every human here in Canada and most are neglected after the novelty wears off most people don't know they are pretty much life time pets so here in Canada there is hundreds of private bird adoption places most do follow ups to make sure your not breeding because soooo many need homes but you can understand why
Yeah, lots of people buy parrots without realizing what a commitment they are. I have run into the same sort of process here in WA with home inspections, bird behavior classes, and things like that. None of that bothers me at all, but its hard because I don't believe birds are ship-able and I live in a small town, so getting somewhere to be able to pick one up gets to be a challenge. I actually found a really nice rescue center in BC, but its just too hard for me to get up there and back.

OMG Wy! What an absolute darling! I love him! Whats the name? Chinchillas are supposed to get much more sociable if you raise them from youngsters.
He's so fluffy I could die!!

Thanks!

No name yet, that will be decided by majority vote of all classes on Tuesday, so far the suggested list is Rosco, Kumar, Cornelious, and Pooh. I'm sure it will get longer on Monday.

It will be interesting to see how this one adjusts since he is so small. All my others were rescued adults. They are indeed very fluffy and soft.

Thanks!

No name yet, that will be decided by majority vote of all classes on Tuesday, so far the suggested list is Rosco, Kumar, Cornelious, and Pooh. I'm sure it will get longer on Monday.

It will be interesting to see how this one adjusts since he is so small. All my others were rescued adults. They are indeed very fluffy and soft.
Well, for your sake I hope they don't pick Pooh. That just lends itself to wayyyyy too many jokes. Lol.
Congrats. Such a cutie. Let us know what name they pick!

WOW!!!! So many awesome pets of almost every petable species.... I always thought we had way too many, but, apparently, we are not alone. I wonder if it's just aquarists that are such animal lovers, or what... We have 3 horses, 2 of whom are rescues, 5 beautiful cats, all of whom are rescues, and a totally faithful labmix dog, who is a cruelty-rescue, and an amazon parrot, who is 28 years young. We have recently lost about 8 or more beautiful trees, whom I consider my dear friends, due to the draught here in Texas, and may lose many more, if the predictions are correct that the draught will continue until 2015.
penguin Zoe,then the girls: Sally, the paint; Tasha, the white arabian/quarter horse; and Honey, the palamino. The orange tabby on the left is Willy and the one on the right is BabyFace Nelson.

Attachments

• photo_3a.jpg
    photo_3a.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 77
  • DroidPhotos 374d.jpg
    DroidPhotos 374d.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 61
  • DroidPhotos 234.jpg
    DroidPhotos 234.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 47
  • DroidPhotos 220.jpg
    DroidPhotos 220.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 51
Starquest, I hope you have permit for that penguin! Lol.
Your critters are lovely! Do you have a picture of your parrot?

@jeta: AAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!! SSSOOOOOOOOOO CCCUUUTTEEEEE!!!!!!!
I LOVE African greys. I think they are one of the most beautiful parrots. They do not have the bright colors that some other species have, but the I think the contrast of the gray and the red tail is amazing. They are one of the top species on my parrot list, but honestly, I am afraid of their potential talking ability. Lets just say my vocabulary is not very lady-like...
That little guy is a gorgeous. Is that the one your gf saw at the store where you are helping them stock their tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom