What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Water changes in my planted tanks and top offs in the saltwater tanks. :)

I took everything out of the 55 gal except the sand, water wisteria and hornwort. Then I tried to arrange my driftwood and rocks on the floor to get an idea of how I want it in the tank. I'm going for a river look. What do you guys think of it?
57623-albums11502-picture51713.png

I took everything out of the 55 gal except the sand, water wisteria and hornwort. Then I tried to arrange my driftwood and rocks on the floor to get an idea of how I want it in the tank. I'm going for a river look. What do you guys think of it?
57623-albums11502-picture51713.png

Lookin like a river! And good! Good idea about building it on the floor.

Pwc on my wife's planted tank.

Change water every week is always nasty maybe a better filter will help. Gravel vacuumed and filter cleaned in bucket

I caught my neon black hi fin variatus and Mickey Mouse platies, took them to the fish guy and traded them for 5 rummy nose tetras and 2 ghost shrimp. I'm acclimating them as I type.

Now that my 55 is empty, save for MTS and some really quick ghost shrimp, I'll start aquascaping today. :)

Went to fish store...

Found four pretty nice, two are especially nice, Koi Angelfish, which I have been keeping an eye open for a few months at $9.95 each, and was getting close to ordering online. Saved a lot of money today by not ordering online lol! That $40.00 would have been just the shipping cost!!! I went ahead and bought them as the lfs guy said they aways get in mixed angels, but not Koi type, only 1-2x per year it seems. I have a pic but is very pale. The color is actually a very nice bright orange over 80-90% on these two!!! Where it looks golden silver color is really orange!

60074-albums11380-picture51752.jpg
[/IMG]

The pics are no justice to the real color, and that snail is really almost orange too. My daughter took a couple pics but she is at work I will add them later when I get her to send them to me.

They got acclimated and started swimming looking hungry and ate three helpings of Hikari Microbites, these two are quarter size and the other two have more marbling more like 60% Orange more dime nickle size not including fins! These two especially were a great deal!

And I got a Reticulated Hillstream loach, wow! So pretty $14.95, though, owch! A Horned Nerite, grey fine reticulated type pattern black spikes, so cool, the size of a Garbonzo bean.

Three Baby Boraras Brigittae Rasbora to add my school back to normal again.

And one super awesome Nano piece of driftwood 8-9"x5" looks like a flame! For my shrimp tank, will get more pics up soon of everything!

What an awesome bunch of stuff I am sooooo lucky!

Went to fish store...

Found four pretty nice, two are especially nice, Koi Angelfish, which I have been keeping an eye open for a few months at $9.95 each, and was getting close to ordering online. Saved a lot of money today by not ordering online lol! That $40.00 would have been just the shipping cost!!! I went ahead and bought them as the lfs guy said they aways get in mixed angels, but not Koi type, only 1-2x per year it seems. I have a pic but is very pale. The color is actually a very nice bright orange over 80-90% on these two!!!

[/IMG]

The pics are no justice to the real color, and that snail is really almost orange too. My daughter took a couple pics but she is at work I will add them later when I get her to send them to me.

They got acclimated and started swimming looking hungry and ate three helpings of Hikari Microbites, these two are quarter size and the other two have more marbling more like 60% Orange more dime nickle size not including fins! These two especially were a great deal!

And I got a Reticulated Hillstream loach, wow! So pretty $14.95, though, owch! A Horned Nerite, grey fine reticulated type pattern black spikes, so cool, the size of a Garbonzo bean.

And one super awesome Nano piece of driftwood 8-9"x5" looks like a flame! For my shrimp tank, will get more pics up soon of everything!

Very beautiful! Would love an angel in my tank :)

Went to fish store...

Found four pretty nice, two are especially nice, Koi Angelfish, which I have been keeping an eye open for a few months at $9.95 each, and was getting close to ordering online. Saved a lot of money today by not ordering online lol! That $40.00 would have been just the shipping cost!!! I went ahead and bought them as the lfs guy said they aways get in mixed angels, but not Koi type, only 1-2x per year it seems. I have a pic but is very pale. The color is actually a very nice bright orange over 80-90% on these two!!! Where it looks golden silver color is really orange!

[/IMG]

Yeah, shipping is a royal pain! I ordered 8 assassin snails and the shipping was crazy. Price of snails+shipping was almost $100.

Bought plants and attempted my first planted tank!! 5G ready for a dwarf puffer :)

image-140161548.jpg

Added some floating plants to my 16G, my tetras seem to be very pleased about it and are looking more confident, out and about all over the tank! Happy

Got alot done today. Caught the fish I didn't want and traded them for 5 rummy nose tetras and 2 ghost shrimp. Acclimated and put them in my 35 gal hex. Then I completely rescaped the 55. What do you guys think?

55 gal before:
57623-albums10477-picture50215.png

55 gal after!:
57623-albums10477-picture51753.png

35 gal hex community:
57623-albums11502-picture51693.png

New and old designs both look good. I kind of like the old one more because there are more plants :)

Got alot done today. Caught the fish I didn't want and traded them for 5 rummy nose tetras and 2 ghost shrimp. Acclimated and put them in my 35 gal hex. Then I completely rescaped the 55. What do you guys think?

55 gal before:

55 gal after!:

35 gal hex community:

Like the jungle look of first pic and like the river bed look of the second!! Well done :)

Just plumbed my new canister filter to my 37 gal. Also bought some media online, along with a new net and a dip and pour. Went to petsmart and saw that they have a way bigger and healthier setup than they did lays time I went. I was pleasantly surprised and might buy some GBRs from them.

Back
Top Bottom