Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #1091
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade

Too small? I think he probably wants a 125, and he'll love it if you surprise him.
LMAO! Aquarium stuff is my hobby. Plus a 125 may fall through the floor. I'd get myself another tank (40 gal breeder) but I'm working on my pico reef project and don't need one right now. Speaking of which- its nearly done cycling and I redid the rockscape today.

If anyone is interested in my build it's titled "5 gallon Fluval chi nano?". It's getting to the good part where I get to buy a fish soon!

Old 09-02-2012, 07:19 PM   #1092
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
I've done what I've done for the past week, splashed water in with a cup to keep it aerated and done small water changes. Power went out early Tuesday when a tree broke and took out my meter pole and the line to my house. So we have to wait for an electrician to come hook us back up. Should be done tomorrow. But so far my only losses have been some neons that my crayfish thought were supposed to be their tasty dinner. I guess they weren't happy about not being fed to conserve water quality. I did get my python in last week, but I need to get an adapter for it to fit my sink. Figures, lol. So now I'm sitting at a coffee shop enjoying some AC and Internet while I can.

Old 09-02-2012, 07:32 PM   #1093
Good.

POTM Champion

Send a message via Yahoo to bud29
Dosed ammonia today.....week 10 of my cycle. Ugh.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #1094
Aquarium Advice Addict

Waterchanges, pruning, and well everything! Cleaned out filters, fed and loved them all.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #1095
Aquarium Advice Freak

Boiling rocks for new tank. Put filter material from other in new tank. Getting clearer. Going to do tests on both later tonight.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:45 PM   #1096
Aquarium Advice Addict

I fed my little friends bloodworms today! They loved them.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #1097
Elephant nose Finatic!

Did a 30% clean on my big tank, my husband helped arrange the plants think it,ll be the last time he,ll do it my elephant nose constantly chased & nipped him, don't think he was too impressed lol then I cleaned my bettas tank
Old 09-03-2012, 06:36 PM   #1098
Aquarium Advice Addict

After being away for a 2 week vacation, I did a 75-85% water change for Barney and Titus.

I'm about to start cycling for my 46g mixed reef.

Heard from a member of my aquarium society about Petco restarting the Dollar Per Gallon Sale. Ends 9/22?
Old 09-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #1099
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrance
After being away for a 2 week vacation, I did a 75-85% water change for Barney and Titus.

I'm about to start cycling for my 46g mixed reef.

Heard from a member of my aquarium society about Petco restarting the Dollar Per Gallon Sale. Ends 9/22?
It may be by location. My petco isn't doing it. At least I don't think. They had one in july at my local store. Give your store a call and ask!
Old 09-03-2012, 07:26 PM   #1100
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
I moved my last remaining marbled crayfish into my 56 gallon tank this morning and changed about 60% of the water in that tank when I got home from work. Power is still out, and the 5 gallon tank crashed bad last night. All but one Marbled cray were belly up by the time I changed their water last night, and I'm pretty sure most of the snails and shrimp in there are gone, too. Thought I might pass out hauling the buckets in the hot house today, but I managed. I'm going to see about picking up an adapter for my new water changer tomorrow when the local hardware store reopened from labor day. Good news is, power will be back Wednesday at the latest, and today starts a two week vacation from work so I can get my tanks back into prime condition once we get power back on.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Fish tank | - »