What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Found out my three year old angel I'd rehomed to my grandparents about seven months ago died today.

My grandmother is extremely upset about this.

Well my tank appears to finally be cycled! Read 0ppm ammo 0ppm nitrite and 20ppm nitrate today, dosed back up the ammonia to see if it will keep it up for tomorrow. My red crypt wendtii is also showing some beautiful new submerged growth, and I appear to be winning my war against cyanobacteria.

Relocated my fish from the 15 they were in to he 30g tank :) well before I could do that I had to Fe the airlines to the bubble bar and other bubble blowed lol did a ph check( all was good ). And since The old tank water was super warm so I had to make sure they were used to it so I floated them in open Ziplock bags for about 20 minutes. I put a little I the new water in their bags while they were getting accustomed to the temp. Kept gradually adding water then I put em in and they are happy happy happy :)

Attachments

• image-3532540214.jpg
    image-3532540214.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 112
Took today off of work, gonna thin out the mts population in my 29 gallon. Then going to see Jurassic Park 3-D. Im 23, so I've never seen it on the 'big screen' it's going to be great!!

Added Some New Hybrid Plants

Hello Aa...

Got some Anubias hybrids (nangi) from alphaprobreeders yesterday and they are much different than the Anubias nana. The obvious difference is the height of the plant. Nangi are mid to background plants. I keep the Nana in the foreground of my tanks.

Attached are pics of taller Nangi and the shorter Nana.

Very nice plants, alphaprobreeders has some of the best plants and prices I've come across.

B

Attachments

• WP_20130405_001.jpg
    WP_20130405_001.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 82
  • WP_20130323_018.jpg
    WP_20130323_018.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 90
Took today off of work, gonna thin out the mts population in my 29 gallon. Then going to see Jurassic Park 3-D. Im 23, so I've never seen it on the 'big screen' it's going to be great!!

I love that movie too ..

I woke up and decided to do a pwc on the 20g grow out tank my little cichlids are messy..lol I did a 50% change on the crawfish tank and added the iodine then fed all tanks.

Ordered some females for my paralabidochromis chromogynos and some more alto compressiceps should be shipped Monday n here Tuesday ::dance dance :: cant wait .. gonna go check out a landscaping place locally for some rocks

I'm 23 too, and I remember the first time I saw it. I think I was like 5 or 6 and it had already been out for a while. I thought it was so cool, and still do.

It's time for a water change on my 56 gallon, so that's what I will be doing once I get rested up from work. Water changes all around! And some heavy duty vacuuming on the 56 is in order. Plecos, man... The day after my last water change they already had some nice piles of poop waiting for me. Nitrates don't ever seem to get above 20, but I'm starting to think I should give up saying my substrate is sand and just call it poop. My substrate is Pleco poop, with some sand accents.

I'm 23 too, and I remember the first time I saw it. I think I was like 5 or 6 and it had already been out for a while. I thought it was so cool, and still do.

It's time for a water change on my 56 gallon, so that's what I will be doing once I get rested up from work. Water changes all around! And some heavy duty vacuuming on the 56 is in order. Plecos, man... The day after my last water change they already had some nice piles of poop waiting for me. Nitrates don't ever seem to get above 20, but I'm starting to think I should give up saying my substrate is sand and just call it poop. My substrate is Pleco poop, with some sand accents.

The movie is good by itself, doesn't really need the 3-D. But it soo helped!!

Finished catching my baby labs, had to tear the tank apart again. I discovered that I can't remember how I had it, so I can't duplicate it. The wife thinks it looks balanced, but I'll have to see if it grows on me.

Got things ready for the weekly PWC for tomorrow. Looked in my Guppy tank this afternoon and saw that I'm the proud papa of about 30 new babies. The little boogers are everywhere. LOL. OS.

Shipped a huge package of shrimp and fish, huge number of plants, and some Garnet sand. Found a new batch of Rainbow Blue Platy. I didn't have time to count, just noticed little ones hiding when I came in to feed, super busy long day. Will check them tomorrow.

Water change, water change, water change & water change . . . did I mention water change? 4 done & one more to do on my 46g. I also changed out one of the two bulbs in my 10g tanks with a 50/50 10,000K/true Actinic Bluelight & OH MY WORD what a HUGE difference as you can see in the pic.

image-653404162.jpg

Now I've got go buy more so I can get all the bulbs switched out to these, they look so much better. Who knew?

Water change, water change, water change & water change . . . did I mention water change? 4 done & one more to do on my 46g. I also changed out one of the two bulbs in my 10g tanks with a 50/50 10,000K/true Actinic Bluelight & OH MY WORD what a HUGE difference as you can see in the pic.

Now I've got go buy more so I can get all the bulbs switched out to these, they look so much better. Who knew?

Haha. I made that change and I was flabbergasted at how yellow they were before!

Haha. I made that change and I was flabbergasted at how yellow they were before!

It is incredible! I just put both bulbs in the one tank that's side by side with a tank that still has the stock bulbs . . .

image-693810151.jpg
If you don't think the bulbs make difference . . . think again!

Broke down biocube, blasted the chambers with the hose, cleaned out pump, powerhead. Took fan out of an old computer to change out my intake fan hopefully tomorrow. Conditioned water for tomorrow's water change on the 55

Hey Shellie, the new bulbs actually look brighter too. Just imagine how the blue line on neon tetras would look under those lights. Wow! Tank looks good. OS.

Back
Top Bottom