What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dont know what "opai ula" is lol, but no problem in the info, everyones always trying to scare people away from SW... But how do you think the people with giant 100+ reef tanks started off? I guarentee with a FW lol

lol I work so much, that I barely have time for my tanks anymore, but when I do have time to spend with them, I tell everyone not to bother me. And my fish time xD "Opai Ula" is a type of brackish shrimp here in hawaii. They sell for $5 (20pcs). But I like them a lot. I can catch a whole bunch and just stock my tank;)

lol I work so much, that I barely have time for my tanks anymore, but when I do have time to spend with them, I tell everyone not to bother me. And my fish time xD "Opai Ula" is a type of brackish shrimp here in hawaii. They sell for $5 (20pcs). But I like them a lot. I can catch a whole bunch and just stock my tank;)

Wow, now i wanna live in hawaii even more!!!

Wow, now i wanna live in hawaii even more!!!

Living in hawaii is like living on a giant SW aquarium. With the occasional BW tide pools here and there. Some things we can take from the ocean. But other things require permits. Needless to say, You can have wild caught reef fish;) But coral can not be taken:( we have protected areas.

My brother wanted to set up a grow pond, so he can raise fish to eat. I was going to take a loan out to build a huge pond at my grandparents.

Living in hawaii is like living on a giant SW aquarium. With the occasional BW tide pools here and there. Some things we can take from the ocean. But other things require permits. Needless to say, You can have wild caught reef fish;) But coral can not be taken:( we have protected areas.

My brother wanted to set up a grow pond, so he can raise fish to eat. I was going to take a loan out to build a huge pond at my grandparents.

So jealous!!! Its good the corals are protected, or the reef would be a FOWLR lol

Checked on the fish tested water and fed fish . Tomorrow I trade the two large male killifish for two small females to go with the small male since large males are bitting my guppies tales . I hope that the small killifish beig so small will leave guppy alone since the small ones will grow up with the guppy

Checked on the fish tested water and fed fish . Tomorrow I trade the two large male killifish for two small females to go with the small male since large males are butting my guppies tales . I hope that the small killifish beig so small with leave guppy alone since the small ones will grow up with the guppy

How about making an album on the kilis? So we can look at it on your profile?

Hi, I am baaaaack!

Vacation was nice.

Changed over my moms tank when I visited her, got her ugly pink blue and green bright gravel to a Eco-Complete with Petrified Wood stone and Malaysian DW, Java Moss, Bolbitis fern, other plants and 2 Dwarf African Frogs. It looks very pretty now. Her 3 fish died, I think because of the pH change, even though I tried to gradually acclimate them.

When I got home I did immediate pwc on almost all the tanks.

My Betta is doing so much better, all healed up (blind in one eye) but has a white spot left on his head, I am watching it to see what it could be, scar or nasty parasite or ??? He is in a Chi tank and the blue mystery snail crawled out, found him dried and dead. The tiny baby Albino BN Plecos are good. Did two 75% pwc and cleaned the filter.

Koi Angels spawned day before and the eggs are gone today. Going to get them into the other tank this week so they can try to get some privacy for the next one.

Was a little bumpy after coming back, but they are looking good now.

Hoping to finally get my Tangerine Tiger Shrimp next week. Will find out in the next day or two.

Added a black background to a 20G that allows me to see the plants a lot better than against the wall. I plan to make a DIY HOB filter which will hide behind it. Dug up some clay from the yard to mix with my potting mix for a second 20G. Checked out a number of nice DIY ideas that i can use with my tanks. 30% water change on a tank i have on a fish in cycle.

I also noticed that my big Comet had some white lumps on his head and front fins which had me worried. I found out that it's all good though. He's just reached maturity. I need to find him a bigger home soon.

The local chinese shop has a small pond and they would take him, but they overstock that pond and usually go through fish very quickly. Another option is to release him into a large local pond that already has a load of Comets and Koi. He would become anonymous in there very quickly though and he's a really friendly fish now so i'm reluctant to let him go there too. It is probably the best option though.

Traded my 2 large killifish males for females so I hve 1 small male and two small females . They already are trying to mate and lay eggs

Back
Top Bottom