What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bought the 10g, coppersafe meds and some filter pad for the gobys QT. Gonna get some pvc for some hiding places

Last edited:
Where do you live? Must be somthing like the carribean or hawaii to catch somthin like that!

I live in Hawai'i, you got it! Pretty good fishing spot too, lots of reef fish. Good eating too. I can't do it tho. I can only eat them. It's kinda painful to watch them get tossed out of the water. And I don't have SW tanks.

& Yes it is a type of damsel. In hawaiian we call it Mamo

I live in Hawai'i, you got it! Pretty good fishing spot too, lots of reef fish. Good eating too. I can't do it tho. I can only eat them. It's kinda painful to watch them get tossed out of the water. And I don't have SW tanks.

& Yes it is a type of damsel. In hawaiian we call it Mamo

You should try salt, not actually that hard once youve got what you need! All you really got to buy is an RODI system (depending on if you have chloramines in your water it wont be cheap but unfortuanitly i do) some live or dry rock, instant ocean salt or whatever you choose to get, live sand, a filter, powerheads, a heater, some test kits (hydrometer, and your average ammonia, nitrie,high range ph, nitrate) and unless you wanna do a reef than some normal tank lights. Now this is when your staying nano but when you get to 40s and above it gets harder. If youve got the time than its pretty simple.

You should try salt, not actually that hard once youve got what you need! All you really got to buy is an RODI system (depending on if you have chloramines in your water it wont be cheap but unfortuanitly i do) some live or dry rock, instant ocean salt or whatever you choose to get, live sand, a filter, powerheads, a heater, some test kits (hydrometer, and your average ammonia, nitrie,high range ph, nitrate) and unless you wanna do a reef than some normal tank lights. Now this is when your staying nano but when you get to 40s and above it gets harder. If youve got the time than its pretty simple.

Seems legit. I have been pretty busy lately helping out on my grandparents coffee farm. But I do work at my lfs once a week. The owner specializes in SW tanks. I was thinking of turning one of my 10g tanks into BW, And raising some "Opai Ula". Or maybe get a dwarf puffer. I love puffers. Thanks for the info!

Seems legit. I have been pretty busy lately helping out on my grandparents coffee farm. But I do work at my lfs once a week. The owner specializes in SW tanks. I was thinking of turning one of my 10g tanks into BW, And raising some "Opai Ula". Or maybe get a dwarf puffer. I love puffers. Thanks for the info!

Dont know what "opai ula" is lol, but no problem in the info, everyones always trying to scare people away from SW... But how do you think the people with giant 100+ reef tanks started off? I guarentee with a FW lol

Back
Top Bottom